X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GeForce 8800GTS with smoked chip

Hey Guys,

quick and easy,
    I forgot to connect the power cable when installing my GeForce 8800 gts in my new system. I saw a small puff of smoke coming out of the computer. I discovered a small chip to be burned. Do you guys recognise this chip, i cant find any information on it? I contacted the XFX GeForce helpdesk but they were not willing to help me out, my warranty period was over... I hope to find this little chip and order it. I have a skilled friend who can mount it for me luckily .

chip number: PH4AJ FD1
    Card: GF 8800GTS 600M 640MB DDR3 DUAL DVI TV X
    I8F087921
    PV-T80G-THD4

I'll post photos later today.

many thanks!
    Mark

Re: GeForce 8800GTS with smoked chip

How many legs/pins? Might be a voltage regulator or controller.
    I can put text here?!

Comment

A picture or two will help a lot too. That way we can see what you're seeing.

Comment

yeah,
        i took the pictures this evening, here they are:
        Attached Files

Comment

That's a switching controller, meant to convert 3.3v or 12v from the pci express slot to whatever voltage is needed for chip above it.

Unfortunately, there's thousands of such chips and those markers don't tell me anything.

You may follow the traces to see where each wire goes to (diodes, input, output etc) and then look at datasheets to see what chip has the same format - seems like 8 pin soic - and same pinouts and it might work.
          But better search or wait for some other people, maybe they know what chip has that PH4 code on it.

Comment

Based on the way it's connected, it looks more like a dual MOSFET to me. Not sure if it's N-channel or P-channel, though. The PH4AJ code doesn't seem to bring up anything in Google. If no one knows and you feel experimental, I can suggest some parts to try.

Comment

chip number: PH4AJ FD1 ,it is a cheap chips, i think we can give you help.
              maybe it is about 1-3usd /unit,

Comment

thats great news.

is there a place where i can order it?

thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X