Samsung LCD Loud Noise and Green Vertical lines at Start up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung LCD Loud Noise and Green Vertical lines at Start up

yeah cus this only happens in the morning after its been off all night... I can turn it on and off during the day with no problems at all once its up and warmed up once..

I rarely watch TV and when I do its in my bedroom before I fall asleep..

If I just keep turning it on and letting it warm up before my kids watch it in the morning, how long can I get away with this you think before total fail happens..

Costco has the Panasonic 55" 1080p Plasma HDTV TC-P55UT50 on sale that ends today for 699... Im tempted to get then put this one in the garage and tinker with it when I need it down the road for another room..

But im so cheap and don't really want to drop 700 either lol
    Last edited by tpeter; 03-12-2013, 05:28 PM.

Comment

The purpose of the hairdryer is to pinpoint the problem to one area or another. Please try it.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I put the cover back on, can I do the hair dryer thing with the cover on and just aim it at the HDMI ports

Comment

The case must be off.

You will likely get a few weeks more, maybe a month out of it before it fails, and you may have done unrepairable damage by then.

The Panasonic is far superior to any Samsung product (/piece of rubbish), and if you feel it is better to spend $700 to buy a new TV vs. under $100 to fix a TV, do so. I'm not going to stop you!
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

well eventually we are making the garage into a big playroom/bedroom for my 3 boys.. Its half done now but when its complete I will put a TV on the wall... Which could be this one if I fix it..

Its to late now to get the Panny I think they close at 815 then it goes up another 100 bucks.. I just saw good reviews on it plus Costco gives you a 2 year warranty and a 90 day return.

I just worry about the Plasma in a big room that's lit, its not super bright in my room with the 3 large windows that would be behind the TV.

I did see some mainboards on ebay for 60-75 bucks.... how much is a power supply?

Comment

Plasma can do well in some rooms, but it is glossy and reflective which limits it. I am watching a 46" Panasonic plasma now (one of the ones I fixed but they're pretty rare to come by), and it's still watchable but you get annoying reflections when you're in a bright room. Right now it's dark outside and looks awesome.

You may want to wait a few weeks. Panasonic launches 60 series plasma HDTV at the end of March. This will mean a price crunch on the 50 series as retailers sell off old stock.
              Last edited by tom66; 03-12-2013, 06:01 PM.

Comment

thanks Tom for all your help, I will update you

Comment

OK here is an update.. I found online someone with the EXACT problem I had. He ordered a new mainboard and the issue was gone.. I ordered one and it got here overnight. I just put in and booted up and all was good!!! Board was 110 and ill get 50 back when I ship my old one back. So hopefully this works!!

Comment

Glad to hear it's fixed. Cheaper than a new TV!

Comment

Heck yea!!! Hope it doesn't happen in a day or two but I think all is well. I made sure the PS3 was on and it hadn't been turned on since last night.. It would have always happened under that scenario...

thanks again for all your help

Comment

TPETER , I have a Samsung LCD LN52A550 with exactly the same LOUD screeching noise and green vertical lines covering the entire screen when turn on and sometimes when changing channels that go from HD to SD or vice versa . Could you explain how can I buy a new motherboard ?
                        I would hate to throw this TV to trash.

Jorge

Comment

tpeter, I have the same exact TV with the same exact problem do you have a link to where you purchased the board? I have been searching around and everything is refurbished, which doesn't surprise me the TV is the 2008 model. Even just the part number you purchased that resolved the issue would be ideal. Thanks!

Comment

I am having the same exact issues with my LN52A550. I called samsung and they said it is a covered one time repair of the caps due to a class action lawsuit. They are sending a repair tech out to fix it for free. I will update on results of repair.

Comment

Any one have a link of where to buy the main board? I did a google search and everyone seemed to be out of stock. Tom66 do you know what parts on the main board usually go bad? Can I change source those and change those out or am I stuck buying a new board?

Comment

Most likely, you will need to find a mainboard. The only mainboard repairs we do here is on some older Vizio TVs.
                                I was lucky, I have found a broken screen TV on Ebay. The person it was local. He sold it to me, much cheaper then it was advertised on Ebay.

Comment

Working...
                                X