X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

notebook psu disassembly

Hi people , i need help to disassembly this

http://www.battery-online.org/images...-1650-02-2.jpg

because the cable is heavy degraded exactly at the psu side, then i need to open it to new solders for the cable.

I know it's made for no disassembly, i ask you what do you think i can disassembly it (a little saw, or a red-hot blade ? ) for doing a good job.

A new one its too much expensive for the problem i've with it.

Thanx.

Re: notebook psu disassembly

I usually freeze them, which makes the glue brittle. Then I pry along the seam to crack it open. I'm usually able to get them open, but it's not pretty afterward.

In what country are you located? What's the part number for the power adapter and what model computer is it for? I can check some places I often get these things from to see if they have that particular power adapter.

Comment

if it's a LiteOn PA-1650-02 as in the image URL, it's a 19V 3.42A (65W) Laptop PSU.
      available like sand on the beach.. (and if not, look for 19V 4.74A (90W) PSUs)

connector is 5.5mm x 1.7mm

Comment

Hit it on the side with a rubber mallet. The glue will crack and the unit comes apart with relatively little damage. I'll try freezing before hitting it next time, that sounds like it completes the puzzle.

Comment

Same here. Freeze it. Hit the seam with a hammer and eventually the unit comes apart.
          When work is complete glue it backtogether

Comment

Get a block plane blade refill put it on the seam and whack it with a hammer. The blade will act as a wedge and pry it apart.

Consult this thread for the picture of what I'm talking about:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13586

While the freezing method may work on cheaper supplies where the manufacturer used less adhesive I've come across some really well glued ones where it took quite a bit of hammering with the blade to open them up.

This is the second post this month asking the same question the search function is your friend .
            Last edited by Krankshaft; 03-16-2011, 12:01 PM.
            Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Working...
            X