Hyundai L90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyundai L90

I have a dead 19" Hyundai L90D+ that I really would like to fix and I think I'm getting closer to this.
    Here is what's the problem : just after plug in the power cord, the blue power led turns on. About 5 seconds later, this same led quickly turns to orange and everything shutdown like if a short has come (I can also hear a tick at this time). So, this process restart and loop forever. No Backlight at all.

I have opened up the monitor and isolated 2 chips or parts that seem to have burnt themselves out on the solder side of the board. the part numbers are MBR20100CT Diodes.

Would this be the cause of the failure?

the solder on the board is blackened and the area around seems to have some heat damage

Re: Hyundai L90

They are probably victims rather than the cause of the problem, and certainly at least one of them is still good. It is more likely that the inverter fuse has blown.

Beyond that, if you want help, the best thing you can do is to take pictures of the top and bottom of the power supply board and ATTACH them to your next post. Use 'Manage Attachments' - below the text entry area.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
    X