• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer LE1987

hey im new just trying to get an idea where to go
    i found two lcd monitors on the ride of the road in good shape
    both suffered from a blow 1000mf cap on the power board one fixed perfectly

the acer is a little more vexing
    the acer will power up now and stay on but keeps cycling a test mode showing different white scale and rgb color patterns but it only does this when a valid source is connected to either the dvi or vga connection

any ideas or is the controller card pooched in it? because that was my next thought.

Re: Acer LE1987

Originally posted by kunundrum0 View Post
    hey im new just trying to get an idea where to go
    i found two lcd monitors on the ride of the road in good shape
    both suffered from a blow 1000mf cap on the power board one fixed perfectly

the acer is a little more vexing
    the acer will power up now and stay on but keeps cycling a test mode showing different white scale and rgb color patterns but it only does this when a valid source is connected to either the dvi or vga connection

any ideas or is the controller card pooched in it? because that was my next thought.
    It sounds like it is running a self test mode. A few ideas come to mind - Google various combinations of these words LE1987 end test mode self reset

Another is to try pressing and holding various combinations of buttons while it is running this pattern. A third is to try plugging it in while holding down various combinations of buttons.

A quick check didn't find a service manual for it.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
    X