Syncmaster 244T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syncmaster 244T

I was given this monitor from a friend because the screen was all green or something when plugged in through component. I wont be using component and the image is just fine with VGA. The problem is a loud hum or buzzing noise that I have tracked down to the transformer. Is it possible to order a new one? There is also a rattling noise when I move the other pcb board. I have no idea where it is coming from or if its a problem but it sounds like a round ball inside one the capacitors perhaps. Any idea what this can be?

Image 78 has the transformer on the right and 81 has the rattling.

Thanks for any help
    Attached Files

Re: Syncmaster 244T

There are at least three failed capacitors on the power board.

Comment

And the rattling is from the position sensor on the signal board. The signal board was designed to be used in a monitor that can be rotated from landscape orientation to portrait orientation.

PlainBill
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

jsog- i counted 3 as well but ordered replacements for all of them.

PlainBill- That's pretty clever. I am glad it is not an issue.

Any idea where i can find a new transformer? Are transformers generic or specific to every case?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.E View Post
          jsog- i counted 3 as well but ordered replacements for all of them.

PlainBill- That's pretty clever. I am glad it is not an issue.

Any idea where i can find a new transformer? Are transformers generic or specific to every case?
          Virtually every SMPS transformer is designed for that specific power supply. Quite often a manufacturer will use the same inverter transformer on several different models.

First replace the bad caps. They allow excessive ripple which can cause damage, particularly in the inverter and corrupt eeproms on the signal card. If the buzzing is still an issue the usual solution is to saturate it with varnish.

PlainBill
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge PlainBill. I will update when I replace the caps.

Comment

I replaced all the caps and so far so good. The annoying buzz is gone! Thanks a lot everyone.

Comment

Working...
              X