Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to bench test a Samsung Y-main board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to bench test a Samsung Y-main board?

Some jerk on Ebay returned one of these to me claiming he ordered the wrong part. I'm just wondering the chances that he fried it with a shorted buffer board or something like that. Not sure how or if I can test it off the set? Thanks.

Re: Is there a way to bench test a Samsung Y-main board?

Don't see how?? Ya you can perhaps test certain components but for 100% functionality can only be done in a set. He probably ordered it THINKING it would repair his set. When your board didn't fix the problem because of mis diagnosing it,he returned it. That of course, is just a guess!! I've ordered dozens of ebay boards and always triple check part numbers etc.....before clicking the commit to buy button

But......it is nobale of you for wanting to check the board out before re-selling
    Last edited by sugar_ray; 11-22-2014, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tucocaps View Post
      Some jerk on Ebay returned one of these to me claiming he ordered the wrong part. I'm just wondering the chances that he fried it with a shorted buffer board or something like that. Not sure how or if I can test it off the set? Thanks.
      Why is he a jerk saying he ordered the wrong part? You need to have a returns policy in place - return sender pays shipping both ways plus 10~20% restock fee. This is normal for any online order. If you don't want this just select returns not accepted on eBay... unless the item is actually defective it then can't be returned.

There is no way I can think of to bench test the board... you'll just have you check FETs/IGBTs and diodes for shorts.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks, Tom. Well, I call most of these bad buyers "jerks" and worse, because I have a super clear no return policy, and even tell them they can't return for ordering the wrong part or misdiagnosis. I only took the return on this without fighting, because it was $15 and that's not worth a neg feedback. Unfortunately , I know a lot more about surviving on Ebay nowadays than I do about fixing TV's. Trying of course to increase my knowledge on fixing TV's.

For my Ebay stuff, I just do a no return policy. I've tested it both ways , and with electronic parts, and the no return has worked out MUCH better for me. Of course, that doesn't mean the buyer can't ask or otherwise pursue a return. The competition on there often does restock fee, but with the horrible and even recent policy changes on Ebay, you would be lucky to get a restock fee from any savvy buyer. The truth is that it's worse than that, but I shall not go into details , as it's not good to spread around bad ideas that may hurt honest sellers.

I did figure there wouldn't be any easy way to test this board. What I'm wondering now is the chances that he could have damaged the board. I know I've recently done troubleshooting with Y mains and buffers with help from this forum, but can't exactly remember if the buffers can easily damage the Y-main. I could just ask the buyer if he even tried to install, but have no idea if he would be honest about something like that. The board is a LJ92-01728A

Comment

It is unlikely the buffers damaged an LJ92-01728A.

Usually only the 42" B450s and the C96/C97/Q96/97 series (you may know them as the green Y-main 720p sets, 42" and 50", 2007 generation) have this fault.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
          X