Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing LCD with slim LCD? Need an answer ASAP

Here's the deal:
    I can get a Dell Latitude E5420 with an i5 for only 60$, but the catch is that it has a cracked screen. Everything else works, looks great, charger included, etc...
    I have an older, piece of junk Acer Timeline something, might have been a T4810, that also has and LED screen with the same measurements. But the Dell has a regular LED while the Acer has a Slim LED. Would they be swappable?
    Need an answer ASAP, as I told the seller I'd make up my mind by tomorrow morning

Thanks!
    I can put text here?!

Re: Replacing LCD with slim LCD? Need an answer ASAP

bottom left, bottom right, top left top right lcd connector.

30 or 40 pin ?

that matter the most.

same connector position, same pin number.

u can fit slim lcd on normal lcd by placing some spessor back to it, but not viceversa.

Comment

Dang, that connector position, thanks for pointing that out.
      I just discovered that Dell has the connector on the top, while Acer's is on the bottom. Unfortunate.
      Should I still buy the machine an try to flip it for profit? Business class laptops is hot stuff here, not many people buy pleb-class machines here
      I can put text here?!

Comment

dont know your country selling laptop quotation, but for me that laptop would value 200€ finished and working with i3.

Comment

Originally posted by dellxps15 View Post
          dont know your country selling laptop quotation, but for me that laptop would value 200€ finished and working with i3.
          No luck selling one here for such price. Last E5420 I saw went for 165 with an i5.
          I actually got lucky and bought a Lenovo T420 with i7/8gb/500gb/Nvidia 4200M for 150
          Last edited by DJduck; 02-17-2015, 02:30 PM.
          I can put text here?!

Comment

Working...
          X