Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pioneer Plasma Display. Yupp this one is something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer Plasma Display. Yupp this one is something!

So I have this display and I have never seen one before. I has a control unit along with it. Pictures attached.

Model
    Pioneer POP-503PU
    50" Plasma

Issues
    when you press power button the power light goes green and you hear a click from the back. Then 5 seconds later you hear the same click and the light goes red and blinks 5 times in a row over and over again. Now it will do this even if the control unit is plugged in.
    I am thinking Power supply of course and have included pictures of everything. There is one pic that is zoomed into a certain spot on the Power supply that shows a resistor to be burnt. It is in location R133. I couldnt find a service manual and the bottom of the power supply isnt labeled at all so if anyone can help please do.
    Thanks
    Damian

Attached Files

Re: Pioneer Plasma Display. Yupp this one is something!

service manual attached below.
    Attached Files
    Liberating magic smoke one part at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Caleb View Post
      service manual attached below.
      Thank you

Comment

that resistor appears to be brown black silver gold = .1 Ohms if you look closely at the side that isnt blown away, Im not 100% sure that third band is silver so double check before replacing. Usually if you have a current limiting resistor open you will have shorted components beyond. Your most welcome for the manual.
        Liberating magic smoke one part at a time

Comment

Working...
        X