This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

My turn now. 49 years old man who is trying to be Jack of all trades. Well not all exactly. Hope to pass this habit to my 11 years old son. Glad to see he is a chip of the old block.

Comment

Hi - I am new to attempting to repair electronic appliance parts other than through replacement but I am going to give it a try with the Jenn-Air clock controller assembly based upon the excellent set of posts on this site. I have found a used replacement part for $59 so I have a possible way out if I fail in my mission. If successful, I will definitely be back to attempt more complex repairs...or maybe even build something...

Comment

I am a newbie at repairing electronic components but at 60 years old I figure I need to learn a few new things for eventually supplementing my SS check when I retire.

I live in the Shenandoah Valley of VA and can't seem to find decent parts other than the local Radio Shack...so the leads on sources are great.

With just my wife and 2 cats to worry about, I've got time on my hands now...besides, I got a bench mount magnifying glass assembly for Christmas that means I may actually be able to see my work.

I'm looking forward to returning to this site with a success story...or at the very least a well written tale of woe.

Comment

Hi all been tinkering about with electronics for a long time and came across this forum which looks really great.
          Cheers

Comment

Hi, i'm Robin and i live in Belgium.
            I'm 15 years old now and i'm studying electronics.
            I'm also the computer "expert" of my family

if you have any more questions, feel free to ask

Comment

G'day All, I'm Dan from Australia.
              I'm 37 years old and an ex-military electronics and communications tech.
              I refurbish and repair solid state pinball machines as a hobby.
              I also repair a fair amount of consumer electronic equipment.
              I have used this forum as a reference many times in the past and have now finally joined the forum.
              Cheers!

Comment

I'm a 37 year old tinkerer of electronics. Came across this site while I was trying to determine if I was going to buy a new monitor, buy a monitor from craigslist that seem to be selling for $10-20 less then buying one new or fix my monitor that keeps turning off. I actually have 2 more monitors in my closet that are doing the same thing that I held onto for no good reason, or at least that's what my wife kept saying. Like any other guy that sees a piece of equipment that is broken but is made up of so many parts, I was like "I never know what I may be able to do with them some day". Figured one day they would all make their ways out to the curb like I've had to do with so many other electronics I didn't know how to fix. THANK GOD I didn't throw them away.

Comment

Hello world!

Comment

Hi All,
                    Been lurking a while here. Started in the computer industry in C64 days, yes I had the tape drive also. Electronic Engineering Technology in the 80's, I am with a television station now and I still enjoy the electronic end of things. TEK Scope, BK Bench Multimeter, Octopus, Ungar Desolder, you get the idea. Look forward to spending some time with you all.

Comment

Hello everyone. After 36 years in consumer electronics repair I retired last year but can't keep from wanting to learn more. I'm just glad I don't have to earn a living in this age of throw-away. So if you don't mind me looking over a few shoulders once in awhile I hope to keep filling my head with knowledge. Thanks for the forum as I am sure everyone appreciates the wealth of information and help that is offered here.
                      Herb, from Canada.

Comment

Hello. I'm from Russian Federation, so, sorry for my english))) New forum such this one is great!

Comment

Hi everyone,
                          I'm from Malaysia... I posted a thread yesterday and got help/good information from peoples in this forum...great forum indeed..

Comment

Hi, I'm Adam.

I have a basic understanding of electronics/components and I want to fix my broken Syncmaster 245BW. Found this site searching google.

So I registered, to get access to the pictures of the board and what people have done to fix theirs.

Comment

Hello, I'm Sam
                              Need help on a AKAI LCT2715 lctv I've found. Turn on the tv, no picture or sound, just a red blinking light.
                              Open up the unit and found some bad caps. Replaced bad caps & retested the tv. Now I get signals but
                              no sound. Hope this the right place for this. Will upload some pic if I can.
                              Thank You.
                              Last edited by SURFER7; 04-10-2013, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Hello, I'm Bob.

I retired from IBM after 39 years of service, working in the semiconductor field.
                                My hobbies are photography, and tinkering with anything electronic. A friend of mine (Bill Anderson) told me about this site.

Comment

Hi

Comment

OK...
                                    Name is Joe Dickerson. Friends call me JD. I was in the Navy aboard the USS INDEPENDENCE as an Aviation Electronics Technician, working in the AIMD Department. I repaired the AFCS (automatic flight control), INS (navigation), ADC (air data computer), etc, etc. I now work on TV's, Appliances,....anything to pay the light bill. I'm constantly trying to learn, but never able to be as "admirable" a technician that I would like to be. I'll try to stay out of the way of the more learned and make an attempt to learn what I can and give if I think it's worth giving. Kudos to all and I hope this will be a good place to learn as well as help if I can.
                                    JD / Joe

Comment

Name: Rodney Bonello
                                      Birthday: 09/09/1986

Well, I graduated in Electrical Power and Electronics Engineering in October 2008 from University and since then I worked with the local electricity utility company. I am responsible for the building and maintenance of the SCADA system.

As a hobby I like to build circuits and try to repair faulty equipment. So I joined here to learn from the experience of others and to share my knowledge and experience with anyone that I think I can help. I like to share knowledge and also like to learn from others.

Thanks for accepting me here and thanks to those persons who have created such useful forums.

Best Regards,
                                      Rodney

Comment

Well my name is John and I am a police officer in Alabama. I found this site while searching for a solution to fix my broken Samsung television. I am pretty handy and tend to try and fix anything before I trash it. Badcaps helped me get my tv fixed and now I am looking for other broken LCD tv's to tinker with.

Comment

Just joined to get more access

Hi, i am a one man do it all ! so i hate to through away reparable stuff ! and i see many products that got the what i call the badcap sickness ! when i saw your site i just can't resist with such i nice name... i wish i will be able with the help of this site to resolve some broken parts here. At 54 years old this is my first step in posting and sorry my mother language is not english. Live long and prosper... i come from Québec Canada

Comment

Working...
                                          X