Acquired a JVC LT 32EX38 need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acquired a JVC LT 32EX38 need help

I got my hands on a JVC 32 inch LCD today that doesn't work. I plugged it in and turned it on to a JVC splash screen and then input modes and such then the picture fades away. I would not think that is power supply but I guess it could be. Haven't opened it up yet but will do that soon. Any ideas or suggestions of what I hold look for?

Re: Acquired a JVC LT 32EX38 need help

Does it fade away to black or white? Is the backlight still on after it fades? If light stays on, it could either be dirty LVDS cable, or bad Tcon board.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

It fades away to black. Actually kind of swipes away from the tv's left to right. I can't see a picture with a flashlight. I still haven't taken the cover off yet.

Comment

When this occurs the backlight is lit up?
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yes the backlight is still on when it does this. I can see the splash screen and then it dims a little and the fades away from the left to the right. Not sure if I have audio or not as it fades away before I can tell what input tuner it is tuned to.

Comment

Ok after putting an HDMI source to the tv and scrolling through the input button I can hear audio. I can also see the screen dimly flash as it switches input sources. I am thinking main board already and I haven't taken the cover off yet.
            Last edited by stinger381; 06-19-2013, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Is there any chance you can make a video of the problem?
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Sounds a heck of a lot like the Phillips TV I just replaced the T-con board in.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...light=phillips
                Last edited by aaronwt6; 06-19-2013, 08:25 AM. Reason: Added Link

Comment

I will try. I haven't posted a video on here before.

Comment

YouTube works good. If you need help PM me or another helpful member and you can email one us the video and we can upload it.

Comment

Does this do it?

Comment

You can see it here I hope.

http://youtu.be/v_nR7qIK718

Comment

Thanks Tom. Yeah I figured it out after a while. LOL

Comment

Very strange. I'm very tempted to suggest firmware problem, given how the JVC logo disappears. Can you get any other video to show on the TV, or is it just stuck on that logo?

Comment

The first time I turned it on I was able to see the setup menu but it went blank after a few seconds. I have not seen it since and it has been plugged in since I first tried it. I suspect if I unplug it for a while and plug it back in to power it might go past to jvc splash screen again?

Comment

Either way, it suggests a main board problem.

Comment

Ok ... I'm about to pull the cover and look at the board for anything obvious. I will keep you posted.

Comment

Bump . . . . I finally found a Main Board for this TV and installed it and it is doing the same thing. So I think I am off to locate a t-conn board and try that. I really would like to fix this thing.

Comment

The t-conn did the trick but one of the HDMI ports does not work. Wonder if this tv took a lightning hit ? The tv works flawlessly otherwise now.

Comment

Examine the affected HDMI port carefully and give it a good cleaning. Also resolder all the pins. If this does not fix it leave it alone.

Are you still using the replacement mainboard or are you back to the original one?
                                        Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                                        Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                                        A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Working...
                                        X