Toshiba Satellite A215- Blank Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba Satellite A215- Blank Screen

I have a toshiba satellite a215 laptop. When i turn it on, it boots up normally, but the screen is blank. No picture, no backlight, nothing. I know it isn't a hardware problem cuz i have seen the screen work, it actually turned on one day about a month ago and i watched it boot up successfully. I left it on for a couple hours with know problems, turned it back off. I went to turn it back on and the screen was right back where it was before, blank. Some help with this would be appreciated.

Re: Toshiba Satellite A215- Blank Screen

Just some quick suggestions.
    Can you hook up an external monitor and see the desktop?
    If yes you will need to get to the Inverter,to check some voltages.
    LCDparts.net has some instructions on pin voltages at the inverter,you may have to check these.
    Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

I have tried hooking up an external monitor and it doesn't work either. Correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't i have to enable the external monitor in windows? I don't think it will do it automatically during boot up.

Comment

Originally posted by p_trice View Post
        I have tried hooking up an external monitor and it doesn't work either. Correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't i have to enable the external monitor in windows? I don't think it will do it automatically during boot up.
        To switch between the laptop display and external monitor, you generally have to have to press and hold the laptop's "Fn" key and then press one of the top row function keys (possibly F5 ?)

Comment

i tried hooking up external monitor and doing the fn-f5 thing to no avail, still a blank monitor, does this mean my laptop is junk?

Comment

Originally posted by p_trice View Post
            i tried hooking up external monitor and doing the fn-f5 thing to no avail, still a blank monitor, does this mean my laptop is junk?
            No, it means you are posting in the wrong section. Notice the 'Laptop repair' section above this one.

PlainBill
            For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
            X