Hanns G HG 28" power supply question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hanns G HG 28" power supply question

My monitor is not turning on. I dont not even get a blue light on it. I took it apart and looking at the power supply circuit board on the underneath i found something that was burnt out. It is C404 .. What do i do to replace this? I am not sure what kind of part this is and will this fix my problem? All of the capacitors do not have bulges or anything. Attached is a picture of the board with the spot circled.
    Attached Files

Re: Hanns G HG 28" power supply question

looks like it is one of the flush mount capacitors. Any idea where i can pick up one of these locally near gilbert az and the size?

Comment

1) If you have a multimeter, see if there 5V standby DC voltage. The connectors should have a legend indicating which pin it is.

2) If not, then carefully measure the main filter capacitor (the big one) for DC voltage. It should be mains x 1.414 or 165V DC if you are in North America.

3) A picture of the front would also help.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Im sorry im really new to this where should i measure the voltage from?

Comment

Working...
        X