This Time.. It's Personal.. Samsung UN60ES7500 Constant reboots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Time.. It's Personal.. Samsung UN60ES7500 Constant reboots

I came across a Samsung UN60ES7500.. 60" LED Smart TV 3D...

I talked my wife into trading our own Vizio 60" LED Smart TV sans 3D for it..

I ran it at my shop for 18 hours straight... Never a hiccup... I ran a small blurb of a 3D MP4, just to check out if the 3D was passive or active.. Not a problem at all..

Brought it home and we did the trade...

That night, with our HTPC hooked to the new acquisition we watched MIKE AND MOLLY plus I played a few videos.. Everything was fine..

Fri night was the big night. I borrowed a couple pairs of Samsung Active 3D glasses from our son.. Put on NOAH in 3D...

TV said it needed to update.. OK.. Let it do that..

Disaster strikes.. It appeared to reboot in the middle of the update... Now it won't run for more than a few minutes before the screen scrambles with all sorts of pretty colors and geometric shapes.. Reboots over and over again..

Unplug it... Let it sit over night... Next day.. Same thing...

Wife has murder in her eyes...

OK, so I get back from work tonight figuring a firmware update will fix it.. Try an update from ONLINE and USB.. TV doesn't last long enough to do the update before it reboots... I unplug everything but power.. Retry the update.. Still reboots...

Wife says "I know where you sleep"... I'm scared...

Am I looking at a replacement board?? Any master reset possibilities??

Any help would be appreciated...

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention. There is a new icon I never saw before. This appeared to appear after the initial failed update in the lower left corner.. Not sure what it means..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Michale32086; 01-24-2015, 05:37 PM.

Re: This Time.. It's Personal.. Samsung UN60ES7500 Constant reboots

don't know if this will work on the smart tvs or not and first off even if it was a failure of software or hardware that caused it. this worked on the newer sammys before the 3d came out
    1 ensure the usb is not inserted in slot, and probally disconnect from the internet so it cant try from there, unplug for 30 seconds.
    plug the usb drive in the slot with software loaded
    2 plug set into outlet while youpress and hold the power button for two or three seconds before releasing it.
    3 it should have found and start inserting the update.
    if not I would say a new mainboard is in order. there use to be a way to force an update but I don't think it works anymore. special software thru a usb link to a pc. a sop near here used to do them when they was Samsung warranty center now they deal in visio and Phillips I think.

Comment

Thanx for the info, Awyatt2. I'll give that a try..

EDIT: No luck. It just powers up normally.
      Last edited by Michale32086; 01-25-2015, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Any idea what that Icon is??? It appears now everytime the TV is powered up..

Comment

It means the wife is going to give you hell for some time or RTFM
          P28
          http://www.manualslib.com/manual/416...page=28#manual
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Could be related to the issue I am having on a 46" ES8000?
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ght=ue46es8000
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEac...e&noredirect=1
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
              It means the wife is going to give you hell for some time or RTFM
              P28
              http://www.manualslib.com/manual/416...page=28#manual
              Awww crap, now the wife is going to REALLY give me hell. She said it looked like some sort of voice control icon..

Thanx for the link SD.. I did a search for "Chat Icon" but came up empty..

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                That's EXACTLY what mine does, Tom..

I plan on pulling mine off the wall tomorrow and pulling the back cover.. I'll check the connector from that PDF...

Thanx for the info..

Comment

Anyway when you have stopped shouting the the tv maybe something here might help

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...nfo-how-s.html

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...0-15-mins.html

QUOTE - Not me!!
                  I had the same problem where it turned off and on every seven minutes.

I fixed this by resetting smart hub to its defaults, and resetting the TV to its defaults, done by opening the menu and navigating to the right location. The smarthub reset was probably unnecessary, but I had nothing to lose.

After the reset of the TV, my TV has worked fine.

Hope this helps.
                  Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Awesome!! This just might save my life!!

I don't have to worry about my marriage. It's strong..

But my wife murdering me in my sleep?? That could become an issue.

Thanx!

Comment

WOW.. Reading thru those threads, it looks like these Samsungs do not have a sterling rep...

Strange.. I have always thought of Samsung TVs as top of the line, quality wise...

Comment

My opinion of Samsung is that they are overpriced, yet built right down to a cost. So you pay for premium quality but they cut too many corners. Panels failing, main board faults, etc. Their LCDs have good pictures for LCDs, and their plasmas (while they still made them!) were only second to Panasonic -- but again, due to the corner-cutting, it's hard to give them a positive recommendation.
                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I guess the fact that I see so many Samsungs come thru my shop for repairs is a testament to what you are saying...

Comment

Something else to try
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1421914688

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                              That looks promising as well... Thanx SD...

Comment

Originally posted by Michale32086 View Post
                                Strange.. I have always thought of Samsung TVs as top of the line, quality wise...
                                I agree with tom66, the picture quality tends to be pretty good but the build quality?

Comment

I guess it all started after you made an update. The software allowed the motion control to be enabled, so turn it off.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kilroys View Post
                                    I guess it all started after you made an update. The software allowed the motion control to be enabled, so turn it off.
                                    I'll give that a shot as well...

Thanx

Comment

the matrix has you!

i'l be damned if i ever own a samsung product with an internet connection!
                                      you(or some other person/government) can access the camera or mic remotely - probably even in standby.

atleast you can when it works.
                                      given samsung fucked it, why not mail them?

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                                        the matrix has you!
                                        As long as it pays my mortgage, I'm good with that..

Comment

Working...
                                        X