Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Antec TruePower 2.0 TPII-550

Originally posted by Wrog View Post
    Had a chance to desolder all caps tonight, and found a slight surprise. I was going by PCBONEZ's list for the TPII-550 he did awhile back when I originally posted, and lo and behold, my actual list has one difference. C38 (under one of the coils) isn't a 22uF 50V as I had assumed, but rather a 1uF 50V. So his list has quantity 2 of the 22uF 50V and mine has quantity 2 of the 1uF 50V, everything else is the same. Very strange... good thing I ordered extras!
    Where is this list?
    That's probably a typo and I should fix it.
    Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ View Post
      Where is this list?
      That's probably a typo and I should fix it.
      Click the link where it says PCBONEZ's list. Will report back after work today.

Comment

Re-installed and it's up and running perfectly. Thanks to all that have helped -- now on to the second one!

Comment

can you guys assist me with this psu please.. awhile back i replaced all the large caps, not knowing about the low esr factor when choosing caps.. and i replaced the 4700uf and 3300uf caps all with 25v caps.. now, im not sure which caps were the 10v ones or the 16v ones.
          im assuming the two caps next to eachother are the 3300uf 16v caps and the 4 caps next to eachother are the 4700uf 10v caps? im assuming this because the two caps next to eachother are near the 12v rail (yellow) but i want to be sure..

Comment

On 12V rail are usually 16V caps, on other rails 6,3 or 10V caps. Just trace the tracks to the actuall rails.
            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
            Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Originally posted by aidynphoenix View Post
              can you guys assist me with this psu please.. awhile back i replaced all the large caps, not knowing about the low esr factor when choosing caps.. and i replaced the 4700uf and 3300uf caps all with 25v caps.. now, im not sure which caps were the 10v ones or the 16v ones.
              im assuming the two caps next to eachother are the 3300uf 16v caps and the 4 caps next to eachother are the 4700uf 10v caps? im assuming this because the two caps next to eachother are near the 12v rail (yellow) but i want to be sure..
              My notes on this indicate the following reference designators and values. Hope it helps:

C6 47uF 35V
              C7 10uF 50V
              C22 470uF 25V
              C23 220uF 16V
              C27 3300uF 16V
              C29 3300uF 16V
              C32 4700uF 10V
              C33 1uF 50V
              C34 4700uF 10V
              C37 4700uF 10V
              C38 1uF 50V
              C39 4700uF 10V
              C45 1000uF 10V
              C46 1000uF 10V
              C58 22uF 50V

Comment

Physical location isn't that reliable.
                You can use a DMM [resistance/continuity check] from a yellow +12v wire to the caps to make sure which is which.
                Mann-Made Global Warming.
                - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                -
                You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                -

Comment

thanks a bunch thats what i needed.. im short only a single 1uf 50v cap. but its on the way. hopefully il have this psu working again in a few days.

Comment

Just to revive an old thread, anyone knows the value for the R117 resistor located near the high voltage line. Mine was burnt and cannot get any reading and color code faded out.

Comment

Hello guys, Shane from Australia here. Reviving thread again.

I have this power supply & smaller caps are domed.
                      Do wish to keep these old school psu's matched to my 462, 939 boards of that era. So I may ask some questions later, though there is plenty of info in here

Comment

Since the thread was revived anyway I'll provide a link for ver_arocena 4 years late about R117, maybe it will help someone else

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...863#post435863

Welcome to Badcaps and happy recapping!
                        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Thanks buddy....... feel like I'm home now

Now I'm struggling on replacing the taller caps.
                          These are x2 3300uF 16v & x4 4700uF 10v dimension 10mm x 35mm.

You see my store here RS Online only has the 12.5mm wide.
                          It's the 3300uF though really needed.....assume for 12v rail.

Watched this fluctuate in my bios screen hardware tab. 0.3V

Now I can ship OK from USA shortly ...... if a store is recommended to me

Comment

Check my stock.

As for 4700, so far I have been replacing them with 3300 as there was nothing better. Now there are 4700/6.3 available, but I'll stock them late this year or early 2018…can only invest so much each year and there is already more than 10000 new pcs on the way or planned.
                            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                            Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Working...
                            X