Arduino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arduino

So, I was thinking of picking up an Arduino board, but not to sure as to what one to get. I was looking around on their webpage at the hardware section: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Hardware

I just wanted to see if you guys have any of these and wondering if you had any suggestions on which one to buy if you didn't like the one you bought or you loved it, but should have got this one instead. You get the picture...

Thanks guys!!!

Re: Arduino

The Uno seems to be the most popular. Unless you need more I/O it should do.

I have one (the Uno). Was going to develop a couple of things, but lost my round tuit.
    36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Well that's the one I was looking at buying. I think I'm going to have to give it a shot and see how I like it.

Thank you for your input!

Comment

Martin Lorton has a channel and he just started something with Arduino.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mjlorton/videos

I watch his channel for the multimeter stuff and personally have no interest in Arduino.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I've made a project with the MEGA, can only recommend Arduino. Working on a smaller project with a UNO chip. There is only reason to go for the MEGA if you need a lot of program memory or need lots of I/O ports.

Comment

Also Note, The chip can be pulled out of the Uno after it has been programmed and soldered in to another board with just the input/outputs you need and a crystal. which is great after the beta stage you can take the chip out and put it in something bringing the cost down to ~$4.

Comment

Well, I went to Radio Shack today for an unrelated item when I looked over and found a wall of Arduino products! When did Radio Shack start carrying Arduino??? None-the-less they have the Uno. Shocked, Radio Shack actually carries something useful for once! Way to go RS!!!

Comment

Have the UNO myself, for a starting out kit i think its probably the best allrounder unless you need loads of I/O as the others already said.

Comment

I built myself a Severino but also haven't got around to actually doing anything useful with it!
                  "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                  -David VanHorn

Comment

I got an arduino for my birthday so since feb 7th I have made an led blink. But I have also averaged 55 hours split shifts at work so... you can see why I haven't had much time yet.

Comment

Well, I picked up the Uno at Radio Shack! I have so many ideas that I can't wait to try to bring to life. Now as soon as I can find some time to work on it that would be GREAT! Thanks for the help again guys! Hey for anyone that is looking for some books on the Uno, I found a torrent on isohunt it's called "getting started with Arduino", they were selling the book at RS for $15, but for a 130 pages I couldn't justify paying that especially when everything with Arduino is open source anyways. I got threw a little more than half of it and there is some good information in there for us beginners.

Comment

Working...
                      X