Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flex connector (LCD to Panel Board)

Hi to everybody,

This is my first post...I'm fixing samsung lcd tv(LN-T44661F) the problem is 3 flex connector from lcd to small top panel are totally out or no connection, is any body try to fix this problem? i know its not easy...but i want to fix it just for fun...i have some some tools to do it (Microscope,heatgun...)the only i need is instruction or advice on how to do it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion or help.

dbtsat

Re: Flex connector (LCD to Panel Board)

Close up pictures of the cable ends might help us to suggest a repair.
    Check that the connectors are not damaged.
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Thanks a lot for a quick reply...here is a pictures taken from my scrap unit.

thanks again...
      Attached Files

Comment

These are applied in the factory with a special conductive glue that only conducts in 1 direction (Anisotropic conductive adhesive). They put a coating across the contacts then lign up the contacts perfectly using a microsocope then the lcd is heated moderately to set the adhesive.

Generally this is not fixable by a normal person.
        Fixed so far 12 lcd's , 1 plasmas, 5 monitors, 0 dlp's (plan to keep the dlps at 0). and 3 atx power supplies, and 2 motherboards.

Comment

I didn't know that's how they were fitted that's a good bit of info!

I do hear that sell door has microscopic eyeballs maybe you could post it to him and he can sold a tiny cable from each trace :-)
          Fixed so far : 1 Home cinema system, 16 LCD Monitors, 4 LCD TV's

How to resize your pictures guide click HERE
          Retiredcaps Ideal post example click HERE

Comment

Thank you very much for the info...i will check at work if we have a conductive glue and i will try to fix it ...i have a 10x microscope to use...i will post if i have luck to fix this....just for fun!

Thanks again...

Comment

I have heard a few people claim to fix the flex cables on simpler devices like cheap monitors and old cell phones, but I think its increasingly hard on 1080p televisions. Theres a video of indian kid on youtube showing how to fix lines on a LG tv i think that might involve reinforcing the glue on the flex cable, i never watched the whole video though cause it was long.

I dont buy / or have any lcd's with those sorts of issues, but if i had one id probably try resetting it with a hot air gun, assuming you didnt clean off the adhesive residue from the tab and surface it bonds to.
              Fixed so far 12 lcd's , 1 plasmas, 5 monitors, 0 dlp's (plan to keep the dlps at 0). and 3 atx power supplies, and 2 motherboards.

Comment

Working...
              X