Bad Jackcon Capacitors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Jackcon Capacitors?

If you're here reading this, it's very possible that your motherboard has some bad capacitors. If it's an Abit, it's quite possible that the manufacturer of the bad caps is JACKCON. I contacted Jackcon VIA email and said I had a few defective caps I removed from a couple boards and requested replacements, just to see what they'd say... To my surprise, they said show us some evidence, either send them to us or take a picture..... HMMM I have a BIG ziplock bag FULL of bad Jackcon caps I took a pic of and emailed to them.... HEH... The reply was a bit humorous.... They stated that due to the large quantity, they could not give replacements at no charge, however, they would sell them to me at 10 cents a cap, plus shipping... HMMM shipped from Taiwan, that would be too expensive, I can buy from a US distributer much cheaper.

The lighter side was this:
    They said if I had a smaller quantity (20 or less) they would replace the bad capacitors free of charge, and not charge shipping!!

If you have a board with bad Jackcon caps, you might try this to get free replacements. Contact Jackcon at: www.jackcon.com.tw.

Good Luck!
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Hey Topcat....send me 20.....

What a joke. Don't ya just love big corporations??? Especially the ones that their sole survival is the US market and they are in places like China so they get slave labor and are not bound by US labor laws. :roll:

Here's an idea. Sell bags of 20 on eBay with the stipulation that the high bidder takes on the responsibility of returning the caps to Jackcon. *laugh* I bet at least one person would buy a bag.
    "Its all about the boom....."

Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled drinking.

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death.....calm shepherds its certainty"

Originally posted by Topcat
    AWD is just training wheels for RWD.

Comment

One little footnote, I've tried to locate and contact Teapo, which is another one that has filled our boards with defective caps, and I couldn't even locate them. Atleast I was able to carry on a dialect with Jackcon, although their English was not so good... HEH...

Maybe I'll try Jackcon with different email addresses and get packs of 20 caps at a time from the different email addy's... HEH I've got roughly 300+ bad Jackcon's in a baggie here... Anyone wanna loan me their email addy?!
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

Jackcon sent me 80 free caps: 40 each of 1000uF 10v and 1500uF 6.3v, both low-ESR in 8mm (tiny) cans.

Comment

want to send me some samples to torture test?

Comment

c8adu wrote:
            > want to send me some samples to torture test?

Sure! Email me your addresses (email and postal) to
            dave221 at burtonsys.com
            I will be very interested in your conclusions.

Please use a descriptive subject line (e.g., \"Jackcon capacitors\") in your email, because I delete about 600 spams per day, and if the Subject line just says \"hi\" I will probably think it is spam and delete it without reading it.

I recapped my dead BP6 with these new Jackcon capacitors. It didn't work at first, but after I also replaced the 2 obviously fried coils with the ones that Tomcat kindly gave me, it now works again. It is running the www.burtonsys.com web server, right now, with no hiccups so far.

I replaced the 24 bad caps with the original values (that's what Jackcon sent me), instead of upgrading the 1500uF caps to 2200uF per Tomcat's https://www.badcaps.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31 advice, since I didn't have any 2200uF caps. (I'll bet they are hard to find in 8mm diameter, too.) I also increased EC10, per Tomcat's advice (I just added a 1000uF low-ESR cap in parallel with the existing 100uF general-purpose cap).

-Dave

Comment

Also, please post any results (good or bad) here... I'd be curious myself!!
              <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
              Team Stats

Comment

Teapo

Topcat wrote:

> One little footnote, I've tried to locate and contact Teapo, which is
                > another one that has filled our boards with defective caps, and I
                > couldn't even locate them.

Teapo is a division of Sampo:

http://www.sampo.com.tw/english/portal.asp
                http://www.sampo.com.tw/english/Supp...rot_online.asp

The Sampo \"company profile\" page says:

\"Sampo was founded over 67 years ago in 1936 as a small family business. Since then, it has grown to incorporate over 20 companies and affiliates, 3 of which are publicly listed companies, and a workforce of over 10,000 people across the globe. Sampo Group is composed of 4 smaller subgroups. The first subgroup is Sampo Corporation... The third subgroup is the Key Components subgroup. It is comprised of the Electronic Components Division, Teapo Electronic Corporation, and Rechi Precision Co. Ltd. ...
                * Teapo Electronics Corporation produces capacitors and inductors.\"

Comment

Working...
                X