Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp g62 power problems

Hi forum,
    Can some one please help me get the schematic diagram for DAAX3MB16A1 REV:A and DA0AX2MB6E1 REV:E. they are all used in most hp notebooks and they all seems to have the same power issues.

Re: Hp g62 power problems

Here's a schematic for hp intel g62 laptops. Let me know what you find in the motherboard.
    Attached Files

Comment

ok, I have tried all i could on this mobo but still cant find the actual problem and more and more seems to be coming to my shop with the same problem. Most of them 3v and 5v seems to be present on the board but dc jack light is off but 3.3v is on the power button too but it will still not power on. I need urgent help.

Comment

What have you tested already?

Comment

I have tested the sl6251 and the RT8206 chips and all seems to be working good, some one help me out, I have about 8 of these boards.

Comment

I just finished troubleshooting one myself. The laptop would turn on then shutdown within half of a second. Turns out the northbridge was shorted to ground so I removed it and now waiting on parts. The board has power ok so if you need to compare voltage on something let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by bluestone View Post
              ok, I have tried all i could on this mobo but still cant find the actual problem and more and more seems to be coming to my shop with the same problem. Most of them 3v and 5v seems to be present on the board but dc jack light is off but 3.3v is on the power button too but it will still not power on. I need urgent help.
              Im face with this problem last week. Seem like nopower and indicator light at power jack no appear. What i do is try n error replace new intel norhbridge. And my power is up and can be use as normal. I like u measure all voltage include on power switch line all get voltage and i suspect intel northbridge problem.

Comment

how can i replace the intel northbridge? i dont really have a bga workstation here all i use is the heat gun and soldering iron. I checked all the voltages and power switch voltage is 3.5v but i suspect a little problem with the KB3926QF-D2 chip some voltages seems not to be there when i compared it to a working board yesterday.

Comment

yeah try repalce northbridge.. i got few comapq cq42. all same problem. causing this is northbridge chipset

Comment

Thanks a lot but I don't think i can replace the north bridge because all I use is a heat gun and soldering iron, will reflowing help?

Comment

if reflow helps, that means you must reball. Reflow is just to be sure if the problem is bga related. But if bga chip allready died then reflow doesnt work, you can never know.

Comment

Originally posted by bluestone View Post
                        I have tested the sl6251 and the RT8206 chips and all seems to be working good, some one help me out, I have about 8 of these boards.
                        If you have 8 of these boards, I will change de bios chip, from one to another. (8 pin chip, is easy to solder),(corrupted BIOS data is a normal problem)
                        Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Francisco but I have already tried all that, i even took bios chip from a working mobo and still didn't help, i think the reballing will be the solution but, i got one fixed after replacing the KB3926QF-D2 ic, but i had to remove it because i took it from another working board, the problem is I'm in Africa and these ics are not sold here. if someone can help buy and ship to me i'll be very glad.

Comment

Try on alibaba.

Comment

try reprogramming the bios chip

Comment

I got one of this mobo last week and the SIO chip - KB3926QF-D2 is overheating and obviously needs replacement.

I was wondering if the KB3926QF-A1 I got from scrap motherboard is compatible with KB3926QF-D2?

Comment

Hi, just I would like know if someone have the G62 but the AMD version, DA0AX2MB6E1, it just turn the light into the DC connector, but the unit does't turn on, I've tried the trick of the 1 min press the on button and plug again without results, so I guess that I have some trouble with the Power Circuit, If anyone have any clue, I will appreciate, thanks ...

Comment

do you have +3/5 v ? if you have first reprogramme the bios. still no change EC. Also check for EC and South xtals.

Comment

i am not far bluestone just in ivory coast .
                                      with power on sequence you can really know the faulty chip.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

got many of those boards . but for me it was just bios issue . use programmer and hp dmi toolkit to fix them .

Comment

Working...
                                        X