Toshiba Satellite Pro® A200 ISKAA LA-3481P shutdown where is the problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba Satellite Pro® A200 ISKAA LA-3481P shutdown where is the problem

hi everyone from greece this forum is great for fixing problems good job keep trying this.

i have this laptop and shutdown's, the work i have make is: clean cpu fan , reset bios (remove battery and soldering again),bios update, i put thermal paste cpu,gpu,etc,

i read for another mainboards to change capacitor nec-tokin but this mainboard haven't this peace near cpu and under from mainboard have 5 capacitors 330mf maybe i change this to fix the problem?

the hd is formatted disk,this laptop haven't battery, I am concerned when i remove the ram from one slot and put it another the latpop not start's but when i put it again to the other slot work's fine with the problem i mention..i 'll try with another ram to test it and the same problem again with slots.maybe the cpu fault with power managment and i say about capacitor's ... when the pc is power on and works fine about 3 minutes when shutdown i was install program for cpu diagnose an says to me the cpu is burning with 45 celcious temparture...i find it something else the output from dc power is 19V and 4,7 A but laptop needs 19V and 6,4A i must check this but the previous user told me tha laptop works fine ... i don't understand.....

here is some photo's from mainboard

Last edited by chrisrer; 12-22-2012, 08:43 AM. Reason: photos

Re: Toshiba Satellite Pro® A200 ISKAA LA-3481P shutdown where is the problem

cant get pictures, or is it just me

Comment

pictures it's ok to me.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrer View Post
        pictures it's ok to me.
        Hello Chrisrer
        I am getting a Greek site telling me that I need to log in to see pictures, after using translation

Comment

axa....sorry.....maybe the link......i fix it

Comment

[QUOTE=chrisrer;294817]hi everyone from greece this forum is great for fixing problems good job keep trying this.

i have this laptop and shutdown's, the work i have make is: clean cpu fan , reset bios (remove battery and soldering again),bios update, i put thermal paste cpu,gpu,etc,

i read for another mainboards to change capacitor nec-tokin but this mainboard haven't this peace near cpu and under from mainboard have 5 capacitors 330mf maybe i change this to fix the problem?

the hd is formatted disk,this laptop haven't battery, I am concerned when i remove the ram from one slot and put it another the latpop not start's but when i put it again to the other slot work's fine with the problem i mention..i 'll try with another ram to test it and the same problem again with slots.maybe the cpu fault with power managment and i say about capacitor's ... when the pc is power on and works fine about 3 minutes when shutdown i was install program for cpu diagnose an says to me the cpu is burning with 45 celcious temparture...i find it something else the output from dc power is 19V and 4,7 A but laptop needs 19V and 6,4A i must check this but the previous user told me tha laptop works fine ... i don't understand.....

here is some photo's from mainboard

Attached Files

Comment

Find the schematic for the motherboard and check voltage and resistance on the ram slot that doesn't work.

Comment

and how about cpu temparture and shutdown? i don't know to read schematic im newbie in electronics

Comment

can you start up in safe mode?
                  Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

I have same problem with this PC... can someone please tell me witch caps we have to change?

thanks

Comment

neck tokin behind the cpu if u have.

Comment

u can see in photos that its not nec tokin...

there are around 15 or 16 smaller caps instead nec tokin

thats why i need help... dont know which ones replace

Comment

on this mb, vcore mosfets are also overheating , use 0,5mm thermal pad between heatsink.

Comment

anyone solve this? same problem here...

Comment

good, I solved a problem with this card replacing one of the 5 capacitors tantalum processor circuit desoldering all and check the ESR with a checker ESR capacitor.
                              good luck

Comment

chrisrer.. miquel.. did anybody found a solution on this board?

Comment

test the adaptor connector someone the positive in the middle not adjust properly. adjust it whit a needle and test.
                                  Sorry for bad english.

Comment

Originally posted by pmv View Post
                                    good, I solved a problem with this card replacing one of the 5 capacitors tantalum processor circuit desoldering all and check the ESR with a checker ESR capacitor.
                                    good luck
                                    Hi
                                    What kind of SMD ESR tester do you got, can you post the picture or link where to buy?

Comment

Well i got the same laptop here , toshiba a200 , with the motherboard la-3481p , it was dusty inside , and my client complained it was shutting down inside , i was hopefully thinking could be the NEC , but th is machines is the one with the small capacitors , i know that some people here have replace some caps and the machine stayed ok , so now im a bit stuck , since i don't have a ESR meter to test all well tested to be sure with would be the fault here .
                                      or anyone have a suggestion for this issue?

cheers

Comment

alltough works well on battery , just like the bloody nec problem , meanwhile i replaced the 6 tantalum capactiros , as also replaced the vcores fet for news ones , since they were allready with a arsh color .
                                        lets see later on the final test

Comment

Working...
                                        X