Msi 865gm2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Msi 865gm2

Hi, have and 865GM2 (MS-6743G) motherboard from an Acer Acerpower F1 PC, which does not post anymore. Bios has not been flashed. When applying power the CPU fan starts up straight away. have already tried another PSU. Is this board salvageable? Any known bad caps on this board? It has Rubycon electrolytic caps. Any help or advice appreciated!

Re: Msi 865gm2

Pics?

If the caps are entirely rubycon, then they are probably OK. I had a similar board over a year ago. IIRC, it had a mixture of rubycon and G-Luxon.
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

also, maybe try resetting the bios back to factory standards to see if that might do it. if there is something a little wrong with the speeds or voltages, it can do it. Resetting the bios will usually bring it back to either basic speeds or lower to make sure there the system will boot.

Comment

Originally posted by kaniki
        also, maybe try resetting the bios back to factory standards to see if that might do it. if there is something a little wrong with the speeds or voltages, it can do it. Resetting the bios will usually bring it back to either basic speeds or lower to make sure there the system will boot.
        Tried that with no luck...

Comment

Working...
        X