Samsung Model 731N No Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung Model 731N No Display

So number 1 is bad and number 2 is good?

Comment

497-6868-1-ND IC REG LDO POS 800MA 1.8V SOT223 has been ordered...

Hopefully my victory is NOT as short lived as his was. After all, finding the bad voltage reg makes me pray my PSU is fine, where his was not.

Edit: I also have not noticed any excess heat of the video chip. We can pray.

Comment

Originally posted by browork
        So number 1 is bad and number 2 is good?
        Correct.

Comment

Well it looks like my victory was not as short lived as severach it was shorter.

Digikey shipped the part the same day I ordered it, and I received it today. Once I replaced the voltage regulator I do actually get a screen... It reads "Not Optimum Mode Recommended Mode: 1280 x 1024 60 Hz." No computer is plugged into the monitor.

Just to make sure, I plugged a computer into the monitor and nothing changed, no matter the resolution or frequency I set it too (set up as a second monitor).

Therefore I guess this means I will need to replace the logic board if I want this monitor to work.

Unfortunately the only place I can find that sells it is in China. Now my Chinese is a little rusty (since I know next to none) and I am not sure how I would pay for the part (or if i should trust giving them my information in the first place). Here is a link to the site if your interested.

Does anyone else have any thoughts?

The part number is 490611300100R
          Best I can tell the same board is in both the 720N and 731N models.

Comment

Well it looks like my victory was not as short lived as severach it was shorter.

Digikey shipped the part the same day I ordered it, and I received it today. Once I replaced the voltage regulator I do actually get a screen... It reads "Not Optimum Mode Recommended Mode: 1280 x 1024 60 Hz." No computer is plugged into the monitor.

Just to make sure, I plugged a computer into the monitor and nothing changed, no matter the resolution or frequency I set it too (set up as a second monitor).

Therefore I guess this means I will need to replace the logic board if I want this monitor to work.

Unfortunately the only place I can find that sells it is in China. Now my Chinese is a little rusty (since I know next to none) and I am not sure how I would pay for the part (or if i should trust giving them my information in the first place). Here is a link to the site if your interested.

Does anyone else have any thoughts?

The part number is 490611300100R
            Best I can tell the same board is in both the 720N and 731N models.
            I've suggested this a lot lately. Google 'reset 731n monitor'. IF the problem is corrupted used EEPROM, this may allow you to reset it.

PlainBill
            For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Looks like you want me to hold down the menu key for 5 seconds. I tried that three times with no success

Have any other ideas?

Comment

I just read up on this. Try this:

"..push the menu button and then the one with the arrow on it (4 from the left) and hold that one down for like 20 seconds. It seemed to work..."

this came from solution #2 here:
                http://www.fixya.com/support/t318888...uto_adjustment
                Last edited by MDOC; 04-15-2010, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Hmmm...

Still the same message. I will say the monitor blanks and I guess restarts when I do this. The power and screen go off for a second than the power comes back on. It is doing something, but not fixing my issue and getting rid of the optimization message.

I'm with severach there, I think the over voltage damaged the video chip or something else on that board. I get the message the second the monitor comes on, with nothing (no computer) plugged in. How can I be out of range or whatever generates that message without a computer plugged in to send a signal to the monitor. Something is messed up and I figure it is one of the IC chips (if that's the right term).

As a side note, The guy from china emailed me back. He was willing to send me the whole logic board. I am still thinking about whether to order from him or not though.

Comment

How can I be out of range or whatever generates that message without a computer plugged in to send a signal to the monitor. Something is messed up and I figure it is one of the IC chips (if that's the right term).
                    Yes, you're right, there. I'm not familiar enough to know which chip to probe without a schematic.

Comment

Here is all the manual tells you about my error. The manual can be downloaded from the Samsung website here. The manual is in PDF format. The picture is taken from this manual on page 32 and I give Samsung full credit for it. I just wish it was more helpful. I am still looking for a schematic.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by browork; 04-15-2010, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Now that I've seen it, it appears likely that the monitor is expecting a signal, and seeing none, complains about it. My monitor does that. When you set this up as a second monitor, did you see an image display from the computer (not the error message)? If not, set it up as a sole monitor and see if it displays an image.

Comment

When I say secondary monitor I mean plugged into the monitor port on my laptop and configured as a second monitor, configured as the primary monitor, and configured just to display/copy my laptop screen. However I also tried plugging it into a test desktop and still had the same issue.

I think I will buy the logic card from china. I figure the monitor working is worth around $100, so I should be able to go up to $60 to attempt and repair it. Between the voltage reg with shipping and the logic card with shipping I will have sent $42. Well worth the attempt so far. You remove shipping costs and I will have sent $13 Oh the joy of living in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

When I say secondary monitor I mean plugged into the monitor port on my laptop and configured as a second monitor, configured as the primary monitor, and configured just to display/copy my laptop screen. However I also tried plugging it into a test desktop and still had the same issue.

I think I will buy the logic card from china. I figure the monitor working is worth around $100, so I should be able to go up to $60 to attempt and repair it. Between the voltage reg with shipping and the logic card with shipping I will have sent $42. Well worth the attempt so far. You remove shipping costs and I will have sent $13 Oh the joy of living in the middle of nowhere.
                            Just to make you feel worse, you could live in the middle of Manhattan and the shipping costs from China would be the same.

PlainBill
                            For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
                              Just to make you feel worse, you could live in the middle of Manhattan and the shipping costs from China would be the same.

PlainBill
                              Pon una resistencia de 47 Ohms entre las patas 5 y 6 del NT68F63 y problema solucionado.

Comment

Working...
                              X