Toshiba Satellite A300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba Satellite A300

Hi all, I'm new to this site/forum and require some advice and help if anybody can. I have a Toshiba Satellite A300 that shuts down when i try to load OS but most the time doesnt even get that far! also when you start up the laptop it will black screen when power adaptor is plugged in, but start ok when running off battery but when PSU is plugged in shuts down straight away!!. The battery will also charge ok when charger is plugged in. I stripped lappy down and cleaned with surgical spirits and compressed air and started again which made no difference I also removed all other components ie dvd drive etc and started it up and same again so it deff a Mobo fault . There did look like liquid had been spilled near CPU and when the laptop shuts down the heat seems to be concentrated around the 2 Grey Components next to CPU marked R36W 4C 8N31J. I'm not fantastic with computers and the terminology but do have some electrical/computer background but please treat me as a pure amateur, I dont want to give this up as a bum deal so any help would be greatly appreciated thanks very much Steve

Re: Toshiba Satellite A300

Does it turn off when you plug in the power adaptor. If it does, sounds like a direct short somewhere. Does it have the original power adaptor? I have got a couple of toshibas off of ebay that had power issues caused buy after market power adaptors, not having enough amps to power them properly.

Comment

Hi dobber, yes the lappy does turn off when power adaptor is plugged in, the adaptor it came with was the wrong adaptor so I got a original toshiba adaptor but made no difference the lappy still turns off. From what Ive read up online the damage could be with the Voltage regulator circuit or chip??? not too sure where this is or what it looks like but as Ive already said it seem to be the 2 grey square caps/chips next to the CPU that are red hot when the laptop shuts down. Do you have any other info that I could look into or possibly try??? thanks for you time

Comment

TOSHIBA A300 shuts down when DC plugged in (work around)

Ok well we seem to have got close to a solution with one the same here in the workshop.

I'D LIKE SOME INFO IN EXCHANGE PLEASE. Q: Does your A300 boot in safe mode when DC jacked in ?

Also I am assuming like me you have done all the Fan and cooler maintainance.

Boot with battery, disable in device manager the processor drivers.

Reboot with DC jack in.

Did this work for you ?

We are now trying BIOS update and Processor driver updates, My guess is that when OS is controlling the Processor upon power profile and cpu throttle up on DC the system fails. Maybe it's already had as much heat damage as it can take. Like underclocking some RAM when its leaking we found this "Workaround"

You owe me some Proper feedback now please

cheers
        OZCOMPUTERGUY

Comment

See ozcomputerguy post reply to sas01stephen A300 DC SHUTDOWN
          Cheers

Comment

MODERATE -> To laptop section

Great post but lets keep the forums clean and post in the proper sections.
            Please note: I am not responsible for any harm caused to you anything discussed is just discussion. Before you try anything discussed be sure that you have the appropriate knowledge and safety gear for the job. Like with anything education and safety are first! Do not try anything @ home without it.

Comment

Originally posted by sas01stephen View Post
              Hi all, I'm new to this site/forum and require some advice and help if anybody can. I have a Toshiba Satellite A300 that shuts down when i try to load OS but most the time doesnt even get that far! also when you start up the laptop it will black screen when power adaptor is plugged in, but start ok when running off battery but when PSU is plugged in shuts down straight away!!. The battery will also charge ok when charger is plugged in. I stripped lappy down and cleaned with surgical spirits and compressed air and started again which made no difference I also removed all other components ie dvd drive etc and started it up and same again so it deff a Mobo fault . There did look like liquid had been spilled near CPU and when the laptop shuts down the heat seems to be concentrated around the 2 Grey Components next to CPU marked R36W 4C 8N31J. I'm not fantastic with computers and the terminology but do have some electrical/computer background but please treat me as a pure amateur, I dont want to give this up as a bum deal so any help would be greatly appreciated thanks very much Steve
              Hi, did you fix the toshiba satellite a300?

Comment

tokin supercRap

Comment

What model A300?
                  Attached Files

Comment

I already fixed it, i changed the nec/tokin with three 330uf 2.5v.. its workin fine now..

Comment

Working...
                    X