• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer aspire 4937 strange problem

hi
    friends hope you're all well
    i got a laptop acer aspire 4937 with nvidia Geforce G105m 512MB
    problem is when play any video system shutdown change cpu fan thermal paste update bios new version also try Os xp, vista, win7, win8, but same problem . if don't play any video laptop work properly

Re: Acer aspire 4937 strange problem

go with a reflow/reball
    its a easy problem. my gtx 560 ti did the same; if I open a chrome or explorer when dark or shutdown/bluescreen, I did a proper reflow and it still running from 2012.
    Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

thank for reply

should i do it ? because i also try disable nvidia vga driver form device manager and play video on youtube system shutdown . no error no bluescreen

Comment

G105M is problematic chip but i think in your case you've just got an overheating problem. You say you replaced the fan. Try also replacing the heatsink. It's rare but it does happen - heatpipes sometimes leak their gas out making them unusable.
        Originally posted by PeteS in CA
        Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
        A working TV? How boring!

Comment

reflow the nvidia chip and change the heatsink same but used one now laptop playing video for one hour then shutdown before do this video working for 5 minutes & system shutdown . now better then before i think problem in nvidia chip .
          Last edited by innocentforeign; 06-22-2014, 02:00 AM.

Comment

how did you do the reflow? hot air with preheater? ir station? oven?
            do you know that its better with the oven the only hot air without preheater?
            Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

put some bacon on top, it creates organic flux!

Comment

reflow with hot air gun

Comment

Please anybody help.I have dead acer aspire 4520. No turn on at all.

Comment

hy its not a gpu problem see wether your mothedboard have a nec tokin capasitor change it with 4 330 caps

Comment

thanks all friends for help good news i reflow again the nvidia chip and install Os vista 32bit with org drivers & eFramework+ePower application now laptop working fine

thanks again all of you .............

Comment

Working...
                      X