Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quality Replacement AC adapters. Are there any left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quality Replacement AC adapters. Are there any left?

Originally posted by goodpsusearch View Post
    I have bought LCD screens & laptop keyboards (but not adapters) from this seller with no problems.

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251142258304...84.m1497.l2649

Comment

re: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251142258304...84.m1497.l2649
        IF the seller says that the item is exactly what is pictured then this one should be good to go.
        If I had to chose I would go with this one

On your other link, I do not know for sure

Comment

Did you take the old adapter apart? It most likely still works, it seems the HP connectors/wire that goes to the computer shorts out, and the SMPS won't turn on because of that. I've encountered tons of them that have done this, granted, they are the 65W ones though. If you replace the wire and/or connector, you might be able to get some more life out of that old adapter.
          Last edited by ben7; 05-31-2014, 12:17 PM.
          Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Originally posted by ben7 View Post
            Did you take the old adapter apart? It most likely still works, it seems the HP connectors/wire that goes to the computer shorts out, and the SMPS won't turn on because of that. I've encountered tons of them that have done this, granted, they are the 65W ones though. If you replace the wire and/or connector, you might be able to get some more life out of that old adapter.

The problem on these is usually in the plug that goes into the laptop or just outside of the rubber shield that is supposed to absorb flexing
            Either a wire cracks in half or the solder pops loose right off of the connectors barrel

Comment

No, those adapters you listed are not necessarily real. Let me elaborate:

They have large quantities of these adapters. Did they themselves buy them from China? If so, they're probably counterfeits. Very good counterfeits.

The closest thing to a surefire way of obtaining a genuine adapter is to look for a pi]used[/i] adapter. That way you know that it came together with a laptop, and perhaps the laptop was discarded, but the adapter is still good. Be careful with used adapters when the seller describes it thusly "I bought this as a replacement, but didn't end up needing it." In this case, you can't be sure whetehr he cought a counterfeit replacement himself.

Yea, as was mentioned, if you have a good adapter, but the tip is frayed, you can purchase new wires and then hook them up.
              "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

It's also worth replacing the secondary electrolytics in a counterfeit adapter with durable Japanese electrolytics. Most of these are flybacks with durable 600V MOSFET switches, and they can run for years with good electrolytics. I use Rubycon ZLH or ZLG, but there are lots of choices available.

Comment

Originally posted by JJR View Post
                  I have bought LCD screens & laptop keyboards (but not adapters) from this seller with no problems.
                  that`s fake!
                  even the plastic shows that its crappy
                  that`s not a original HP sticker
                  Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251142258304...84.m1497.l2649

The charger arrived and seems original. I tested it and the laptop works but the adapter gets hot during charging or high cpu usage.

Comment

That's because what you got is probably fake...

You didn't get the gist of what I was attempting to convey to you - which is that "New" adapters, regardless of where they come from, are usually Chinese fakes. A giveaway is a seller who has a large quantity of them (Like the seller you purchased from), the exception being sellers who sell lots of them in a single listing (And then they are usually used). Again, it's irelevant that you bought it from Europe. He's probably just a European seller re-selling fake Chinese products.

Crack it open and post pics. Let it be an expensive lesson to you.
                      "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

The owner of the laptop said that the original adapter that came with the laptop got hot too.

I have a better idea, but you have to wait a couple of days.

Comment

Out of curiosity why don't people try used genuine adapters? No crappy chinese fakes that way, a lot cheaper, and I've never had a problem with any I've bought. (Except for a Dell which makes a quite sort of crackling noise in operation, but the rest have been fine)
                          Dell E7450 | i5-5300U | 16GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD

Comment

How you make sure that the dc jack is not worn-out?

Comment

Working...
                            X