Sharp LC-60EQ10U Scrolling Horizontal Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-60EQ10U Scrolling Horizontal Lines

I am having scrolling horizontal lines across my 60" Sharp TV LC-60EQ10U. I have already replaced the t-conn board with no difference. I then ran across this forum and started doing some diagnostics. Looking at the rear of the TV I removed the left 2 ribbon cables off the t-conn board, there are 4 ribbon cables total. No scrolling and the left half looks great, just a little dark and the right side just white.

Then looking at the rear of the TV I removed the right 2 ribbon cable and the right side screen is scrolling lines and very dark. The left is white and some scrolling.

I read other posts stating that there is a tab driver board I should remove?? I am assuming on the right side as I am looking at the front of the TV. How and where do I find this board. Will this work on my TV and how do I accomplish this task. I am a newbie so be kind and any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Attached Files

Re: Sharp LC-60EQ10U Scrolling Horizontal Lines

I have read other posts that state this TV does not have the tab driver boards. Is this true? If it does, how do I remove?

Comment

it does. It doesn't have side edge boards as the tab drivers cables are connected to the bottom edge boards directly. Trace / look on the side of the panel and follow the flex cables down to the bottom corner of the panel. In terms of "tab problems" with the 60/70 sets, it isn't the edge boards that are usually the issue, it is the tabs themselves.
      Last edited by budwich; 05-03-2017, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info. So I could just remove the single connector at the bottom or remove all tabs on the right side?? Sorry for the newbie questions. I will work on this TV this weekend.

Comment

I wouldn't go that fast on anything ESPECIALLY since removing the WRONG thing is "fatal" for the set. Do some readings around the area. Do some more tests.... the tabs flex cables proceed toward the bottom of the panel on both side and are usually connected to some form of "clampable" connector that can be unclamped / clamped to disconnect that section. Try doing this at both sides (one at a time) and look at the resulting display. That will provide you with more understanding about what's happening with your set.

further... from your picture post, it appears that one of the cables is not clamped properly. use your glasses when working with this things... :-)
          Last edited by budwich; 05-05-2017, 08:17 AM.

Comment

OK, I have finally had time to do more investigation. I have removed the trim from the sides and bottom of the TV.

To recap, I removed the 2 cables from the left of the tconn board (looking at the back) and the left of the TV (looking at the front) looks great. So it looks like the right side tabs have issues.

It looks like the lower right tab is burnt.

I see the side tabs are connected to boards along the bottom of the TV. There are 2 on the left and 2 on the right. How do I proceed from here? Can I just remove 1 of the clamp-able connectors, or do I remove both?

Thanks for all the help!!
            Attached Files

Comment

I can't tell from your picture orientation (last one). Is the "burnt driver" on the side of the set or at the bottom. Your set can only be saved IF the driver is on the side and not the bottom. You have to remove both side tabs on the side that is bad.

Comment

The burnt driver is on the side. So I remove both clamp-able cables from the bottom left (looking at the back)? I can't do anything to the side of the TV, right? On my 60 it is all along the bottom.
                Thanks

Comment

The "clamp downs" are used only for "testing / investigating" which side is bad. The actual "save" is done by "tearing away" the bad side drivers / tab from the panel.
                  Hopefully we are talking the same language... :-) I am not sure at this moment exactly what you are referring to.... maybe edit your picture and add an "arrow or two" to point out exactly what you are referring to.
                  Further on your last picture, there appears to be 3 tabs on the side.
                  Last edited by budwich; 06-26-2017, 08:25 AM.

Comment

OK, I did that test with disconnecting from the tconn board. I disconnected the left 2 connectors (from the back) to show it is the right side (from the front) tabs are bad. I was getting confused since the 60 does not have side tab boards. So now that I proved it is the right side (from the front) I just tear or cut from the panel all 3 tabs or just the burned out looking tab?

Comment

There were actually 5 tabs. Just peeled off the tabs and 'She is Alive'!! TV seems to work great.

Thanks For all your help and patience with a newbie!!

Comment

great... happy viewing.

Comment

Thanks to everyone on this site I have saved my LC-60EQ10U! If you are looking at the front of the screen, I tore off the right side tabs(could be different for everyone). I figured this out by disconnecting each T-Con connector, which is centered at the bottom on the back of the TV(there are 4 connectors), and turning the TV on to check the picture each time a new cable was removed(3 will always be plugged in when checking). When I removed the far left T-Con connector(looking at the back of the TV), the left side of the screen(looking at the front of the TV) looked perfect and the right side(looking at the front on the TV) was completely white with vertical RGB colored lines. I decided that the right side(looking at the TV) was the one with the problem. I then removed the driver tabs on the same side of the TV that the T-Con cable was disconnected. So since my far left T-Con cable was disconnected(looking at the back of the TV), I removed the right side tabs(looking at the front of the tv), and while the TV was on, I tore each tab off cleanly with a pair of needle nose pliers watching the TV become clearer as I continued to rip all 5 tabs off. Once the 5 tabs are completely off; Unplug TV, plug all T-Con connectors back in so that all 4 connectors are connected, plug the TV back in and boom!
                          Thank you again Badcaps!!

Comment

i think i may have jumped the gun here, i followed these instructions and removed all the tabs on my left side...there was 8 on each side and i removed all 8 on the left bottom side..crap

Comment

:-( you can't remove the tabs that are along the BOTTOM. "SIDE" means side of the set. Good learning experience though :-)

Comment

Followed the guidance and it worked perfectly. Truly amazing. Thank you

Comment

Question , what are those tabs there for if removing them fixes a bad picture and the tv works fine without them ? What is their function ?

Comment

I can't believe it, I followed the directions in this thread, and my LC-60EQ10U works like new! I removed the 5 tabs from the left side (facing the screen) and it is back to normal! Any bets on how long this will last? I've never ripped anything off of a LCD panel and made it work better, that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                    X