Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: *** Class Action Lawsuit Against Abit ***

Originally posted by Junk Parts
    Well now! I was just getting ready to clean up my VL6, and send it to Topcat for a recap. Now I find that Abit might/might not fix it for me. I think I'll still entrust my recap job to Topcat. I don't want to buy a new CPU, Fan, RAM, ect... My FCPGA PIII 1GHZ @ 512 Megs of PC133 RAM work just fine for me. She runs real well on my DSL. This old PIII also runs better than my Gateway P4 1.5GHZ @512 Megs of PC 133 RAM. These two PC's are programed the exact same way, and are used for the exact samethings. I still have my old AMD-K6-2/450AFX CPU. Maybe I'll just build me a killer PC arround this fine old dog CPU....LOL I still have Dos aound here somewhere too!
    roflol on your username!
    many of my sytems are built of upgrade pulls and recap jobs.junk parts to someone else.
    as far as dos i have one box here with a microsoft os on it and it is dos 6.22 for a device programmer.windows=

Comment

Well abit's gone from the mobo business (As of the end of December last year)

Comment

Originally posted by sLowEnd
        Well abit's gone from the mobo business (As of the end of December last year)
        Yup.
        Darn. ABIT was a great company that got killed by two things:

1- A Class-Action Lawsuit that drained their finances and ruined their reputation. Surprisingly, many of their competitors had the same bad capacitors issues and were not dragged into the courts. They apparently avoided losing lawsuits by denying any problem! (Honesty gets punished)

2- Marketing a highly technical product to the general public (computer motherboards) with long warranties and generous return privileges... a sure recipe for high return rates of used and/or damaged boards rendered unsalable. Obviously, many of the returned boards were not in the least bit defective, problems being anything from incompatible CPU/memory installation, to really bad PSUs, to physical damage and even "I returned board "A" because the new board "B" came out"..

Oh well,
        Keri
        The More You Learn The Less You Know!

Comment

also didnt help that abit repaired these boards by just replacing the visibly bulging caps.
          wake up they were ALL bad when they were made stupid!
          i have seen plenty of the supposed "repaired"abit boards land here for a proper repair.

Comment

I hope my Abit IP35 Pro lasts a long time.

I am 99 44/100% delighted by this board.
            The AT12V socket at the very northwest-corner of the board is a bugger to reach with a Zipang cooler in place. That is literally my only complaint.

I liked the Gigabyte boards, but their chronic DPC latency problems, and inability to release BIOS with proper Core2 Duo support made me look elsewhere. I sold off all my stock except for one that is running (well) in a customer machine.

Comment

I have an Abit KT7 with tons of bulged caps on it... I don't know if I want to recap this board. The weird thing is that with some bios settings this thing is still rock solid...

But with other bios settings I don't know if my RAM is any good...

Comment

Working...
              X