This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi amazing forum so much info in one place am just hear to learn as much as I can .Also to try and understand my annoying samsung tv. Thanks to the people who set this up youve made alot of people happy and saved them a fortune am sure. Paul.

Comment

Hello!
      I'm Jim, a new guy here. I found this forum while searching the interweb trying to fix my tv. I work on school busses for a living, working on A tv has given me a new respect for people in that line of electronic work. Hats off to you! Please pass the Advil!
      From my favoritest movie ever!:
      Cledus Snow: Can I ask you a question?
      Bo Darville: Sure, ask me what?
      Cleedus: What the Hell do we want to go to Texas for and haul beer back here? What is that?
      Bo: For the good old American life. For the money, the glory, and the fun. Mostly for the money.

Comment

Hello, This forum looks to have a huge repository of knowledge and I look forward to discussing various repair issues.

Comment

Hello

I'm David, friends call me Van. I love to read, research and troubleshoot just about anything from cars, computers, tv displays. All is self-taught.

**warning*** spelling and proof reading is terrible, i am trying to do better with this.

Since 5 years old (maybe longer) I've taken everything things apart from toys on Christmas morning, to dads receiver and everything in between.

I want to thank everyone in advance. I hope I can offer some of my knowledge in return.

I love movies, music, travel and learning something new.

Comment

I'm Scott from Indiana and am currently reviewing all of the information I can find to help me troubleshoot an issue with my Samsung LN40B630N1 LCD TV. I am hoping to be able to gain some knowledge by learning from more experienced users as I am a bit new to component level electrical troubleshooting on PCB's. I look forward to hearing from some of you!

Comment

I'm Mike and have been a electronics hobbyist for some years now starting with my first 6800 computer back in 1975. Now I’m starting electronics all over again and looking forward to it. My first task was fixing my Benq monitor and this forum provided me the answers. Well done everyone.

Comment

Hi Newbie here

Wanting some advice regarding my faulty LG 50PG3000 tv

Comment

Could someone tell me how long I have to wait to post my first cry for help LOL?

Comment

Guys,I need little help with my LCD monitor so I need to get access to posts

Comment

guys I dont know where to ask this:
                      My LCD monitor was working just for about 5 min after you plug it in.After 5min it just turns off.I have opened monitor and I saw one big cap is broken.Its 400v 100uF.I have replaced that with brand new.I put all cables back in the holes,but now my screen is white.Sometimes it shows normal picture for 1-2 secconds.I was turning of/on my monitor a lot of time,and one time my monitor was showing picture more than 7 mins.After that I turned it off to put all things on its place.After that my screen is white again...Please help!

Comment

Hi everyone,

Frank from Perth, Australia. Have some experience in component level repair on various TV's, monitors and other electronic equipment. Been interested and involved in electronics for more years than I care to remember. Hoping to learn more skills in fault-finding LCD/Plasma displays.

Comment

Hi,

I'm new on this forum. Looking for assistance with a spare/replacement part on a TDK boom box. I've came across an old post and will try and contact the individual via PM. If that fails, hopefully someone else will be able to help me.

Cheers,
                          Dipcell

Comment

Hello, I've been creeping around here for awhile. Lots of good info, I will post my first attempt at a repair on a element elgft401. Read a lot about here so far, very informative. Am excited to get ur done.

Comment

Good evening from Greece! I'm Argi and I'm an electronics engineer. I'm a professonial laptop tech and I'm here to discuss about MOBO faults and such things as the rework process!

Comment

Hi my name is Nelson (farmer2win) . I just took an interest in fixing flatscreen tv`s after mine went on the blitz while watching my favorite program South Park LOL . Now I want to learn all i can about caps and all the other goodies that consist in tvs . I work at a cigar shop . Well I used to until it got smoked out lol . I am a 53 year old beggining a new hobby .

Comment

Hey im brokeasstv. I want to fix my tv. The end.

Comment

Hello,
                                    First post here, I found this forum after searching for some info on failed caps on various equipment.
                                    I look forward to learning a bit and hopefully eventually contributing here.
                                    I'm in southern NJ, and have some basic knowledge of electrical circuits, and would consider myself a hobbyist with maybe slightly better than novice experience.

Comment

How do I start a Tread?

Comment

Hello Everyone,

This is my first to gain full access to site privileges....Looking forward to gaining a wealth of information & knowledge from existing members.....
                                        Thanks for having me.

Jeff

Comment

Hi there, I am new to this forum and have started recently to repair Tv for my leisure.

Have a a good day every one

Comment

Working...
                                          X