Samsung 204B rev0.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 204B rev0.1

Building an arcade cabinet, so needed a 4:3 LCD which (in my area) is hard to find. Occasionally a Samsung 204B shows up, but often with capacitor issues, but for the lack of options, I decided to grab one to fix myself.

Powers on, takes a long time for the screen to finally show up, and kinda dim.

I was going to buy a kit off eBay, but wanted to make sure I was getting good parts and the 100uf425v capacitor that the kits don't have. I figure, if replacing the others, may as well replace it as well.

Using www.digikey.ca (Canada) and I've done my best to match the uf, voltage rating, used my caliper to measure the height/diameter and lead spacing and tried to match them as close as possible as well. I searched for Nichicon because read that they were very good quality, and sorted by lifetime@temp assuming the more hours the better.

Ripple current/impedance however... I have no idea about. The old ones don't show that info (I didn't see) and no idea if higher/lower is better.

I was hoping someone with some know-how might be able to look at what I planned to buy and see if would work or if the wrong ones? I know this is a very common issue, so, probably a few people here have dealt with it before.

http://www.digikey.ca/short/3dhtd4

Again, info I had at hand I tried to match, but ripple current/impedance... I have 0 clue.

Thanks

EDIT - Went back to the site, made a spreadsheet for each capacitor, narrowing down the list by size and manufacturer (Nichicon, Panasonic, Rubycon, United Chemi-con) capacitance, voltage, stock etc.... physically, I believe these will fit, and the basic capacitance/voltage is a match... just not sure about the other specs.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4s...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by THRobinson; 05-31-2017, 08:11 PM.

Re: Samsung 204B rev0.1

Using this thread, there was a PDF link for the old CapXon capacitors, that hopefully are the same series...

Based on the below CapXon info... I think I know what I need. Changed a few items... from what I understand I used the Ripple info below, and on Digikey I used the 'Ripple Frequency - High Current' at 100KHz and matched the number or went higher.

For the 47uf50v for example, only 2 options shows... Nichicon was 230mA@10KHz (not 100KHz)... Panasonic was 1.65A@100KHz so, better to go with Pansonic? Some listed at 10KHz vs 100KHz so not sure how to compare the two.

New list is

http://www.digikey.ca/short/3dh5qn

CapXon specs are:

47uf50v
    6.3x11mm
    Ripple - 290
    Impedence - 0.65

330uf25v
    10x12.5mm
    Ripple - 820
    Impedence - 0.114

820uf25v (2 sizes)
    10x20mm / 10x25mm
    Ripple - 1400 / 1530
    Impedence - 0.052 / 0.052

100uf450v
    18x41mm
    Ripple - 880
    Impedence - 0.74

Ripple Current (mA , rms) at 105'C 100KHz
    Max Impedence (Ω) at 20'C 100KHz)

-
    Last edited by THRobinson; 06-01-2017, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Sorry

330uf35v
      10x16mm
      Ripple - 1050
      Impedence - 0.079

Comment

Well... unfortunately, I didn't seem to get much help on this one.

After a lot of research, I did manage to make a better list of compatible capacitors based on the specs I found online, and new found knowledge of ripple ratings, and using my caliper to get physical dimensions.

This list is for DigiKey.ca, I suspect the part numbers will work for the USA site as well. I'm sharing it on my Google drive in case anyone else like me is having issues with these monitors and needs new parts. Both of my screens are rev0.1, but I included a tab of 680uf25v capacitors used in the rev0.0 model as well.

Hope this helps. The yellow highlighted lines are the ones I am ordering.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...1ROUzRrUk5UTnM

Ordering now, will post my results when done.
        Last edited by THRobinson; 06-03-2017, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Better choice in series are Panasonic FM, FR, FC
          Nichicon PM,PW,HE,HD,HV,HM,HZ
          RUBYCON XYG,YHX, ZT, ZL, ZLH,ZLG,MBZ,MCZ
          UNITED CHEMICON LXZ, KY,KZE,KZH,KZG

Comment

Thanks, but already ordered them. Didn't get any response so had to guess... matched the specs as close as I could (if not exact I went for higher ripple) then went by whatever had the longest lifespan rating (hours@temp) and price of course.

Comment

Working...
            X