Vibrating/Resonating noise from Samsung UN55D6050TFXZA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vibrating/Resonating noise from Samsung UN55D6050TFXZA

Most have a visual problem with their TVs, mine is and odd ball it seems. The TV operates normally, screen turns on, off, volume works great, backlight comes on, functions normally, right?

However there is an oddball sound, it almost sounds like a fan is running/hitting the metal back of the TV. It's a clicking sound that changes in pitch and volume depending on what's on the screen. It's LOUD at times.

I pulled the back, and the sound is coming from the power supply board, it actually seems like it's coming from one of the heat sinks. I pulled the board off the TV and inspected the underside. There wasn't any apparent burned components or issues.

The part number is BN44-00424, and available on various sites for purchase. However, some places will rebuild them, but only if you have no picture, or no backlight issues. I assume they replace a couple parts, and only those parts that fail due to these issues, and advanced or unique troubleshooting is outside of their wheelhouse.

So, BadCaps gurus....I can do moderate soldering....never tried to repair components on a board, but have taken some electrical engineering classes, and not afraid to work on something that may get replaced fully anyways.

To provide good data, I even uploaded youtube videos. The first is the sound with the case on, it resonates quite a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUyaoyhK3Rs

The second video is with the case off...looking at the power supply board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb_cFL3_CIw

Does anyone have any advice on what is making the noise or a serviceable part? Thanks in advance for the insight!

J

Re: Vibrating/Resonating noise from Samsung UN55D6050TFXZA

check the current draw from the wall .

Comment

Re: Vibrating/Resonating noise from Samsung UN55D6050TFXZA

I would check and resolder especially around transformers and power components
      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Working...
      X