Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AOC Envision L19W861 failure

Originally posted by mrfixit01 View Post
    Lol. It's for a friend, not mine. I'm reusing two of the old tubes. Almost finished with the switch/resolder. Note to self: don't use shrink tubing that comes with rebuild kit. It's too thick. Once the end caps are slid over it the set won't fit into the track. On the second redo I left off the shrink tubing and had no problems. Takin' a break. We'll see if this works in a bit. I just hope the two tubes I'm reusing are good. Originally there was only one that was cracked and blackened on both ends. The circuit would not light any since the one went out.
    The very first one I tried I had terrible luck; There is nothing worse than watching $10.00 bulbs break.
    No matter how hard you try mistakes are going to be made, It's what you learn from the mistakes that makes the difference.
    A suggestion I would make is to assemble everything except the thin LCD panel and let it run to make sure the CCFLs stay on.
    Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Originally posted by alexanna View Post
      The very first one I tried I had terrible luck; There is nothing worse than watching $10.00 bulbs break.
      No matter how hard you try mistakes are going to be made, It's what you learn from the mistakes that makes the difference.
      A suggestion I would make is to assemble everything except the thin LCD panel and let it run to make sure the CCFLs stay on.
      I did as you said and cooled down, took a break, slowed down and started over. Also, I took off any shrink tubing and re-soldered all the bulbs. Then came the reassembly process. Altogether it took about 1 1/2 hours. The tape kit that I purchased was a real time saver. Anyone trying this, please get plenty of figure 8's, end caps, and the tape kit. That is really what you need. Anyway, here are a few final pictures. I am using the monitor/tv as I enter this post. Everything looks good and the screen is bright with correct coloration. Thanks for all your help. Now, I think, I could do another one without the same problems. Next project.....

Comment

Originally posted by alexanna View Post
        Well, I tried to upload the pictures but it gave me a "security token missing" error. Tried 2 more times with same result. The monitor/tv has been running for about an hour with no smoke and no problems. All the tubes are burning fine. Tried powering off and on a few times with good results.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mrfixit01 View Post
          Well, I tried to upload the pictures but it gave me a "security token missing" error.

The monitor/tv has been running for about an hour with no smoke and no problems.
          The maximum size pics are 2000x2000 resolution and about 3.81MB for a jpg file. If you exceed that, you may be getting those messges? The pics are up and look good.

Good job and congrats for not giving up.
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
          X