Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scanning BIOS Image in hard drive, Bios auto recovering.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scanning BIOS Image in hard drive, Bios auto recovering.....

Hello..
    the other day I wanted to turn on my working computer and this is what I got on the black screen:
    Scanning BIOS Image in hard drive
    Bios auto recovering................(infinite dots while autorecovering) I left it to auto-recover but it couldn't
    I reseted it few times but didn't help. reseted the battery, set a jumper to CLR_CMOS but didn't help...

How can I flash BIOS if I can't even get to POST ??

Thank you in advance

Re: Scanning BIOS Image in hard drive, Bios auto recovering.....

This manifestation indicates a hardware failure. Check for bad capacitors on the motherboard and power supply, try another power supply. Lastly, try another CPU.

The BIOS image is there on the hard drive so you shouldn't worry about that for now. If it keeps failing you can try using a floppy or CD.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Some Info here I believe : https://yorickdowne.wordpress.com/20...-ga-ep45-ud3p/

I was gonna suggest change your battery, not sure if 'reseted the battery' actually meant reseated the battery or whether you meant you've changed the battery.

Another thing you could do is disconnect your HDD, try to POST and if at all possible at this stage re-flash your BIOS with the latest mobo update.

GL m8y

Comment

Tried with other CPU, with other power supply, with no HDD connected and it still wont work :/

Comment

You *need* that HDD connected for it to recover the image. Or try a floppy or CD like i said above.
          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
            You *need* that HDD connected for it to recover the image. Or try a floppy or CD like i said above.
            Th3_uN1Qu3, Since his BIOS is corrupt, U wont see the floppy, HDD etc unless it POSTs 1st.

Did you read the link i posted above PrPrO? as far as I can see its helped some but not others with similar issue.
            Although I would not want to give up on this either, it does not look promising m8y.

Comment

Originally posted by H0RN3T View Post
              Th3_uN1Qu3, Since his BIOS is corrupt, U wont see the floppy, HDD etc unless it POSTs 1st.

Did you read the link i posted above PrPrO? as far as I can see its helped some but not others with similar issue.
              Although I would not want to give up on this either, it does not look promising m8y.
              all depends on how corrupt it is. There is sometimes a section at the beginning of the bios that is never touched by any flasher that gives basic ide access.

On the subject let me make a suggestion: try different memory. I believe part of the startup routine on some systems is to cache the bios to memory. If your first chip is bad, it will do a sumcheck and fail because of the bad memory itself. I found this out working on a HP a few years ago. It was looking for hp.rom on a cdrom and kept looping that its doing that. I did that, it reflashed it...same thing. I tried it several times, always flashed and did the same thing. So we got a different board. Board would not boot, his HP's first stick of ram was bad. I put a different stick in the old board and it booted just fine
              Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
              ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Originally posted by H0RN3T View Post
                Yes you will. He is in the bootblock, which attempts to recover the BIOS from the hard drive, and it can also access the floppy, and the CDROM and USB too on some boards. You just need to give it the right file and it will restore the BIOS to full working order.

Comment

^^read my post, try different ram first
                  Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                  ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Does bootblock from floppy still work if you keep hitting the main ENTER key (not the numeric keypad ENTER key)?

Comment

I tried replacing the RAM, no change
                      I will re-read your link... How can I know which is the correct file?
                      @larrymoencurly, you mean to get into the BIOS options?
                      I haven't tried with enter... but to enter bios, numeric delete

Comment

Sorry I cant seem to find anything that will help here. Seems Phoenix BIOS is not great news.

Some relevant info's here which may help;

Gigabyte GA-8I865P-G /Phoenix BIOS

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...d=1806&dl=1#sp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNZwQzE7nIg

http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=65951.0

Comment

I used to have a very similar board. It can recover from HDD, floppy or CD. If the bootblock does not recover even though you give it the right file, there's something wrong with the CPU, or with power going to the CPU. Since you said you tried another CPU and still no go, are you sure none of the caps in the CPU VRM are bloated?

Comment

Originally posted by PrPrO View Post
                            @larrymoencurly, you mean to get into the BIOS options?
                            I haven't tried with enter... but to enter bios, numeric delete
                            Some BIOSes were made so that if they were corrupted, the boot block would wait for the ENTER key to be pressed, so by using a self-booting floppy with the BIOS file and an AUTOEXEC.BAT file to automatically run the BIOS flasher, the BIOS could be recovered. Nothing was displayed on the screen unless an ISA video card was installed, and one person who dug through the BIOS code found that even some motherboards that had no ISA slots had BIOSes that tried to look for an ISA video card.

H0RN3T: could that Gigabyte 8i865P-G be made into a true dual-BIOS type by adding the missing flash ROM chip and a pair of jumper pins to the area left of the BIOS chip? Or was the BIOS not designed to take advantage of a second chip?

Comment

I think its def possible with know-how but I believe this board was simply made to cater for several models with adjustments to the firmware etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X