Hp lj 1012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp lj 1012

I bought a LJ 1012 printer off Ebay really cheap. I was supposed to be in operating condition. When it showed up one of the plastic end caps was cracked. This was due to a combination of poor packing and being tossed around in the UPS truck. Something penetrated the box and the end cap. So it was hit pretty hard.

When I hooked it up to the computer it runs, but will not print. I took the end cap off and it covers the circuit board. The board does not appear to be cracked nor does it appear to be missing any components.

To make sure I borrowed a working 1012 printer and hooked it up. I downloaded the latest drivers and it works perfectly. So I hooked the other up and it still will not print.

Anyone got any ideas of what might have been damaged.
    Have you ever stopped to think and then forget to start thinking again?

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Re: Hp lj 1012

I have one of those... maybe a split wire or cracked solder joint?

By "not print", which of these do you mean:

1. Doesn't show up when USB is connected.
    2. Shows up to computer but throws a USB error
    3. Shows up, printing attempts produce a printer error
    4. Shows up, printing attempts produce blank pages
    5. Other (explain).
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Re: Hp lj 1012

Door 4 is my choice Alex. What did I win?

The computer shows the document in the printer que and sometimes it trys to print and sometimes it just sits there and looks at me. I have checked all the obvious, reseated toner cartridge. Tried a different USB cable. That sort of thing.
      Have you ever stopped to think and then forget to start thinking again?

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Comment

Working...
      X