Onboard Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onboard Audio

I have just built a small PC to give away. I have already given it away actually, however I did not test absolutely everything. One notable thing I did not test is the audio quality.

For some damn reason the onboard audio is producing a damn lot of background hiss. It does not matter upon the volume. What exactly happens is that when there is nothing playing, there is no noticeable amount of hiss (I am no audiophile ). However as soon as anything plays, there is a horrible background hiss that tends to mask most of the actual audio! What could be the possible culprits?

The motherboard is a Biostar M7VIZ v7.1. This motherboard is using the C-Media CMI9739 chip. I have read one article on a forum that came to the conclusion that the issue may be caused by the driver.

If this issue can not be resolved easily. I have a couple of PCI sound cards that I can fit in.
    * C-Media CMI8738 based sound card
    * Creative CT4810 based sound card

My question is, which one would be better to use? I think the Creative one is a better card. However it is quite old and only has stereo sound. The C-Media based card supports surround sound and has a digital port.
    Last edited by shadow; 04-29-2008, 05:41 AM.
Working...
X