L1975NW Issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: L1975NW Issues...

Just curious, but at the bottom of post 15 you stated that the R210 is stamped "1000". If yes, then that would be 100 ohms. If you're getting fluctuating values, then you may have to remove it from the board to properly test it.

Comment

OK so I took it out and tried to test it but get no reading on it at all. The meeter will give me a random number for a split second then shows infinite.

Also went and tested the other resistors and all showed up as the numbers on the top +-5%. There were a few with different readings

R216- "2202" - 700 - 20k setting
      R233- "2202" - 700 - 20k setting
      R206- "1000" - 100 - 200 setting (that is right next to the controller, and I guess it's good)
      R139- "1302" - 1160 - 20k setting

I have a BUNCH of other circuit boards that I can grab things off of. To replace R210 I need a "1000"/100ohm resistor?

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
        Just curious, but at the bottom of post 15 you stated that the R210 is stamped "1000". If yes, then that would be 100 ohms. If you're getting fluctuating values, then you may have to remove it from the board to properly test it.
        Wow, until I saw jetadm123's post, I didn't realize that the OP edited his original post 33 minutes afterwards.

Hint. Once I read a post, I don't go back and re-read it again unless I need info. So if you have new relevant info to add, start a new post. If you edit a post because of grammar or spelling, that is fine.

And yes to everything jetadm123 says and more. He knows this board better than I do.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Okay well now I feel really stupid....

Well, after some research I found out that the Q210 resistor is actually "10R0" and not 1000. THEN I figured out that I don't have fuses in the F locations, instead I have 0 resistance resistors........

SOOOOO that explains why they are not blowing from the over current.

Now to top it all off I'm SURE because of those resistors I have caused havoc to the lines for the Q206 FET and is causing it to overheat and fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
            resistor is actually "10R0" and not 1000.
            That is a 10 ohm resistor as selldoor mentioned in post #17.

How to read codes.

http://www.hobby-hour.com/electronic...-resistors.php

Or use the calculator.

http://www.hobby-hour.com/electronics/smdcalc.php
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
            X