Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iMac G5 Intel Screen Problems

HI

I have a intel based iMac G5 with dodgy screen. The screen has vertical line and a big white strip. The screen is a LM171W02 Lg Philips it seems to be a common fault with the lcd panel does anyone know how to fix it. I have had a look under a microscope and cannot see anything wrong.

What should I look for?

Carl

Re: iMac G5 Intel Screen Problems

Originally posted by CarlDay View Post
    HI

I have a intel based iMac G5 with dodgy screen. The screen has vertical line and a big white strip. The screen is a LM171W02 Lg Philips it seems to be a common fault with the lcd panel does anyone know how to fix it. I have had a look under a microscope and cannot see anything wrong.

What should I look for?

Carl
    Those problems are typically caused by a bonding problem in the LCD panel or a defective driver in the same area. The solution is to buy a new LCD panel. There are several available on eBay.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
    X