Sceptre Monitor X9G-Komodo VII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sceptre Monitor X9G-Komodo VII

I didn't change anything at the computer,,,,,,,,,,just unplugged the power cord at the monitor, and unplugged the other cable coming from the computer, at the monitor,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,then just re-hooked the cables to the second monitor, and everything works fine with that monitor. just saying????

Comment

selldoor.........looking at my picture (#1) of the large connector at the right bottom. I numbered the pins from left to right (#1 thru #15). All the pins have wires running to them from the other side of the connector,,,,,,but not all pins show voltage. Number 1 pin thru number 6 pin show no voltage. Pin #7 shows 3.43 volts, #8 - 0 voltage, #9, #10 and #11 all show 5.05 volts. #12 thru #14 show 0 volts and pin #15 showed 0.07 volts.

Comment

Ok - that may be all there are, near enough 5 and 3.3 as on the regulators, the usual 12v probably just feeds direct to the inverter circuit. The other pins may be for signals. Does pin15 change when you press the on off button?
        I attach a bit of a guide for removing the Novatek chip

http://www.piclist.com/images/www/ho.../e_cpld2_4.htm

You can but a proper tool but just slowly levering each corner where the grooves are should work

This is a bit of a puzzle it is usually just the vga lead or video card that gives these symptoms. Can you get a vga cable and put isopropyl alcohol on the pins and plug and unplug several times into the socket to try and clean it.
        Leave it to dry off then try it again.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

OK,,,,,,,,,,now a dumb question..............I can understand having a "black screen" if it's not getting a video signal from the computer because of a bad video card or video cable,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(which apparently isn't the problem because everything looks fine when I used a different monitor) But why would the power button be flashing off and on when it seems I have the proper voltage?

Comment

Not a dumb question at all - I did say it was a puzzle.
            Have you read this:
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5218

I am just about to - skimmed it a bit and it seems q6 q7 q11 &q12 may be a problem.
            I dont know of the answer is there we shall see.

P.S. I dont know the answer to your question
            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Yes, I had read over this post in the beginning, but didn't know what to "make of it". This is from that other post, I wonder, between which points he was checking when he measured the 13 volts? (Power is steady though high [5.5VDC and 13VDC] when the power board is unplugged from the processing board, so I guess that the problem might be coming from that processing board).

I also looked at the bottom of the board to see if I could detect any "cold solder joints",,,,,,which I couldn't (they would have a dull, flat look, wouldn't they?) everything looked "shinny" on my board. But maybe you can't tell by looking?

Another post mention the video card connection,,,,where would that be on my board? (Finally find cold solder at 2 pins on quickdiconnection to VGA card, resolder is working final
              Thanks for all you help me out)

He mentions that the transistors might be shorted,,,can I tell that by checking with my voltmeter and what type of readings should I get?

I don't know much about electronics, but I sure know how to "throw" the questions at you!

Comment

While its fresh in your mind can you flick through the thread and list the post numbers you mention and I i'll go back and read them
                Its ok - skimmed /searched
                Last edited by selldoor; 07-30-2012, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayninh55 View Post
                  Yes, I had read over this post in the beginning, but didn't know what to "make of it". This is from that other post, I wonder, between which points he was checking when he measured the 13 volts? (Power is steady though high [5.5VDC and 13VDC] when the power board is unplugged from the processing board, so I guess that the problem might be coming from that processing board).
                  No Idea - could have been on the pins.
                  There is a fuse F1 - you could measure across that if it is the inverter feed may be 13vdc
                  I also looked at the bottom of the board to see if I could detect any "cold solder joints",,,,,,which I couldn't (they would have a dull, flat look, wouldn't they?) everything looked "shinny" on my board. But maybe you can't tell by looking?
                  You cant always tell - it crops up often in that thread so re flowing the transformer pins might help
                  Another post mention the video card connection,,,,where would that be on my board? (Finally find cold solder at 2 pins on quickdiconnection to VGA card, resolder is working final
                  Thanks for all you help me out)
                  He may have the other board - we never found out- so I have no idea
                  what he refers to - check with a magnifier the soldering on the vga connector. Post a close up and I ill have a look tomorrow.

He mentions that the transistors might be shorted,,,can I tell that by checking with my voltmeter and what type of readings should I get?
                  That test is covered in this guide start at post19
                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10419

Busy day tomorrow so off to bed.
                  Last edited by selldoor; 07-30-2012, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Selldoor,,,,I'm going to "take a break" on the monitor for a couple days. We had a big storm go through a couple weeks ago and I had two huge trees come down. Have to get them cut up into firewood. Thanks for everything so far,,,,and I'll be back later.

Comment

ok thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Hey there Selldoor,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,seems like I took more than a couple days off to me . Things sort of "got away from me" and I couldn't get back on the monitor until yesterday. The last thing I'd been advised to try was "checking for cold solder joints". I think selldoor told me to check the joints on the transformer especially close. Well,,,,,I got it fixed and running again. I put my new monitor back in the box, and stored it away in the closet for "future use". I really hate to say this,,,,,but I'm not sure what did it. I suspect a solder joint, but don't know for sure which one because I couldn't tell by just looking. I turned the board over and heated up all of the points with the "larger solder joints" (these were also the larger components on the top side of the board) hooked it back together,,,,,and it works like a new one!! Sorry it took so long for me to get "moving" again! I want to thank retiredcaps, ratdude, ben7, jetadm123, t.j., tom66, and especially selldoor, who wouldn't let me give up on this project!!!! Thanks again to all!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X