video card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

video card

need help..1 have four identical video cards..some are displaying garbled display while the fan running..the others are not displaying anything and the fan not running..is it worth trying to repair the video cards by recapping? which is better to repair, the no display or the garbled display? tia

Re: video card

I guess Nvidia here ...well you can try frying them in an oven, especially the one which seemingly works...the others it's a 50/50 whether to recap / fry first (possibly repairing it)....But I'd go for recapping first, then the ''hell''...
    Mobo: MSI K8N Master2-FAR CPU: 2x Opteron 265 OC'd @ 2,25GHz RAM: 2x2GB Crucial DDR400 CL3 ECC/Buff. (ECC OFF), VGA: ASUS HD6950 2GB Reference edition FLASHED TO HD6970 HDD: 80GB ATA133 Seagate ,OnBoard: 2xGLAN, 8-Ch. Realtek audio, USB2.0/Firewire, PCIe Physx card PSU: 850W Corsair AX Case: Cooler Master HAF932 + NZXT 5 Fan Controller.

Comment

unless any of the caps are visibly bad, chances are its something else. what cards are they?

Comment

they are 7600gt nvidia gpu..no visible signs of busted caps.

Comment

are you sure? what brand? i know the evga ones had the sacon FZ of doom... topcat, the admin here, got a a huge lot for $30 that had bad caps... new caps fixed it (I have one myself).
          sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

not sure about the brand but it has red pcb, emtek by zalman heatsink fan, nvidia gpu, rubycon caps.
            Last edited by ogsky; 11-23-2010, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X