Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 2408wfpb - horizontal lines.

Hello everybody.
    It is my first post on here. I have been in to electronics before however it has been put away for some time. I found great display recently but unfortunately it suffers from number of lines across the screen. No matter if anything is connected to it or not. Everything seems to be displayed correctly but the lines persist.
    My question is where to start and what are my chances.
    Pictures are there https://plus.google.com/photos/11024...Njqk_DrkrSHkwE
    Thanks

Re: Dell 2408wfpb - horizontal lines.

That model is famous for having a bad t-con board. It could be the main board, or the t-con board. Here's 2 pictures of 2 Dell 2408's with a bad t-con board. You can compare. You'll need to disassemble the monitor and upload some pics of the main board and the t-con board. Use "go advanced" then "manage attachments" to load the pics.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for quick reply. I will try to open it during the weekend and take some photos. Is it difficult to get into it, will I need anything like manual?
      Here is actual screen photo:
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Garsi; 05-03-2013, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Re: Dell 2408wfpb - horizontal lines. Photos added.

I am attaching pictures of all boards apart from one which i believe is t-con board. I did not take a photo of t-con as i don't want to disconnect the panel ribbon, thought it might make it worse. I could not find anything obvious, tried to push all sensitive spots like wired connections and such a things, nothing has changed.

Any ideas welcome.
        Attached Files

Comment

Great pictures and the video helped out a lot.

In your case it appears to be the main board. Picture #2. Because you are not even getting a solid picture to begin with. These boards are very extensive due to the sharpness of the resolution, and the number of inputs. There's not a whole lot of parts you can replace yourself. Three things you can check on that board.
          1. If you don't have an ESR tester you can visually examine the capacitors. Sometimes the little ones don't dome on top; they explode on the bottom.
          2. Look for any fuses to check.
          3.There are 2 voltage regulators on the top middle, and left. You need to check those.

Unless anybody can think of anything else to check.

Comment

I can't find anything still, service manual could help but I ain't have it.
            Just to correct what you have said in last post everything is displayed correctly just lines are always on the top of picture.
            Any idea where can I get main board for it?

Comment

Working...
            X