Bust Lappy Keyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bust Lappy Keyboard

OK its a Dell C640. I was removing the keyboard to reinstall the CMOS battery. I popped the key with the windows logo on it off the keyboard. All four little tangs are still intact. Just how do I put it back on the keyboard? Its just another dumb moment for me!
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
    Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
    John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
    Rod Serling

Re: Bust Lappy Keyboard

i have fixed that before. it require careful work wit the fingers though. hard to explain in words.
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

My finger are dumb as dirt so I will toss it in a bag in the box as per your request. Thanks RD.
      "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
      Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
      John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
      Rod Serling

Comment

They generally just pop back on, unless you've pulled everything off the board, in which case it's harder to do. I've got a whole box of them at work, so if I screw up the little metal tabs on the board itself, I generally just chuck the keyboard and throw a new one on.
        Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

i have had varying stages of success. if the little lever things are intact, you have to stick one in, then lay the key down and press the other one in. the delete key on my hp laptop i no longer have came off, and i never figured out how to put it bck on. but the esc key on the same laptop was a cinch to put back on...
          then again ibm didnt even put windows keys on their laptops for a period of time-so theoretically you dont need it

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
            ibm didnt even put windows keys on their laptops for a period of time-so theoretically you dont need it
            Unless like me, you rely on keyboard shortcuts. No Windows key, or it's in the wrong place, no sale.

Comment

yeah i know i use the windows key. thats why i dont use that laptop anymore (besdies the broken screen hinges)

Comment

Don't fret. I had popped off the keycaps on many notebooks.

Make sure the rubber dome is still there and look carefully at the key cap you will see 4 claws in pairs and carefully place this on the little nubs and press firmly down. You should hear clicks.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

Working...
                X