Samsung 205BW fastest repair yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 205BW fastest repair yet

I do some volunteer work for a non-profit organization, mostly sysadmin work.
    This week I installed 4 new computers, and brought 2 of my repaired monitors, 1 for a new computer, the other for an admin person who has a small one.

Anyway, I ran out of time and left one of the new computers set up with the monitor that was supposed to go to the admin person. The person with the replacement computer was supposed to keep her old monitor, but a mis-communication, she took the other widescreen.
    Some drama ensued.

I said, no problem, I'll bring another tomorrow.

Well my good monitor stock is low. I have a 17" and a 19" The really mint LG 24" is NOT going there.
    I need something tomorrow. Out to the garage, here's a Samsung 205BW, a bit dirty, it'll have to do. Symptom written on it is backlights go off, then come on too bright, then off etc.

So I start to disassemble it. I must have "the touch" tonight, a guitar pick in the bezel seam and it just pops apart like nothing. No straining, no broken clips. Wow.
    Pop the boards out, nice and clean, 4 bloated Samxons and one flat top.
    Re-capped, tested re-assembled, maybe 20 minutes tops. Cleaned it up, plugged it into a WD live and fired up an HD movie, looks great!
    Just have to remember to bring it in the morning.
    36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Re: Samsung 205BW fastest repair yet

I'm sure you remember the days when posts in badcaps.net were actually about bad caps and people didn't know how to identify them or find replacements. Well those days were long over sometime in late 2011 or early 2012.

Now the problems are more TV related and it is rarely bad caps now.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
    X