MOSFET Tester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOSFET Tester

Can someone recommend a good mosfet tester? So good that I do not need to remove the transistor off the circuit board for testing

Thanks!
    Full-time computer repair tech (10am - 6pm) and full-time, (8am - 11pm), Ruby on Rails Developer

Re: MOSFET Tester

I am looking too for one windows XP operating system repair software which is will not have to run it so to work.
    Any suggestions ?

Comment

MOFSET testers are not completely reliable from what I have gathered because the only real way to test a transistor is to actually apply its full load to see if it can handle it, and handle it without overheating...
      "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

MOSFET is not an transistor its more complicate than that.

You can measure a shorted one with one DMM, but when you need to do matching for having many in pairs its impossible.
        All that you can do is getting genuine and branded stuff and you hope for the best.

Comment

I use a Sencore TF 46 Supper Cricket. It was about 600 when I bought it new along time ago.
          Sadly Sencore does not make electronics test equipment any longer. Their stuff was expensive but very well made. Still about the same price used.

Comment

check out this youtube vid; it show how to test for some issues with MOSFET while in circuit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG60rPmSqxc

Comment

Atlas DCA - Semiconductor Analyser - Model DCA55

That gives you go/no-go. The next step up is a curve tracer. If that's not enough get a Semiconductor Parameter Analyzer. That what the pros use to generate all those nifty charts and parameter lists.
              sig files are for morons

Comment

Originally posted by severach View Post
                Atlas DCA - Semiconductor Analyser - Model DCA55

That gives you go/no-go. The next step up is a curve tracer. If that's not enough get a Semiconductor Parameter Analyzer. That what the pros use to generate all those nifty charts and parameter lists.
                He's asking for an In-Circuit tester the Atlas DCA and DCA Pro are for testing out of Circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by u271D View Post
                  He's asking for an In-Circuit tester the Atlas DCA and DCA Pro are for testing out of Circuit.
                  Thanks for stating that Need an in-circuit tester. Hate to desolder only to find the part is ok.
                  Full-time computer repair tech (10am - 6pm) and full-time, (8am - 11pm), Ruby on Rails Developer

Comment

I tried to test a power MOSFET using info I found on the internet ,but the idea did not work. As I was making an inverter had to use that to test them . One of the IRF BC30,s I was using did not work , none of the usual static tests showed anything wrong with it.

Barry Wilkins

Comment

Originally posted by barry wilkins View Post
                      I tried to test a power MOSFET using info I found on the internet ,but the idea did not work. As I was making an inverter had to use that to test them . One of the IRF BC30,s I was using did not work , none of the usual static tests showed anything wrong with it.

Barry Wilkins
                      In the video I linked to earlier the guy is testing MOSFET's that are still installed in an inverter. It might be the things you already tried or not :-)

Comment

i have read before on googling about test mosfet with finger touch. it is good method when i try it out of circuit, but i have same symptom about in circuits mosfet tester regardless i have reading when mosfet fails, it is most shorted between gate and source pin, and this forum ever discuss it too at "2 second to black" lcd tv troubleshoot. it says when resistance below 30 ohms, it is suspect to defective.. you can read the full description how to connect probes to the mosfet pins on that thread. it is a good investment if we can get a reliable in circuit mosfet tester?
                        "There is no shortcut to be successful. No pain, no gain."

Best Regards
                        Rudi
                        Thank You

Comment

Working...
                        X