Sony CECH-ZED1U Playstation 3D LED TV - Two Red Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony CECH-ZED1U Playstation 3D LED TV - Two Red Flash

I just received it back yesterday in the mail. I reinstalled the board and lo and behold, the display turned on immediately. I did some intensive testing and stressed test the display, and so far it has held up.

As for the EEPROM, I apologize for misplacing the location of the chip. I still don't have a programmer at the moment, and do to school just starting a few weeks ago, I cannot afford to purchase one.

Comment

@icepuentenm69p
      All the best with your new display bro...

Let us know when you can afford one programmer.

Comment

Hi...
        Here is the update:

Plugged it after 15 days.
        Working now ... Knock on wood.

My findings:
        My display settings were intact (I changed backlight, contrast etc etc when it was in working condition), it didn't went back to factory settings or so.

I guess, the display suffers from 2 or 3 type of issues, and not just EEPROM.

Comment

I left unplugged for a couple of months and tried today and is stll in failure, so that trick didnt work for me anymore...I hope that someday a permanent solution appear...until now I have a black panel even is difficult for me to send the to repair the main board, since I live in south america...maybe someday
          Tks

Comment

Originally posted by kornwood View Post
            Ok so I got a responce from 2 of the ebay sellers
            One was kind enough to tell me the issue is with the eeprom chip
            I asked for the bin he said they dont have it anymore
            Maybe but anyway he told me what they did was buy a repaired one and copied it heres what I want to do
            Ill put 30 $ towards getting one of my boards repaired
            And take what ever donations I can get towards the rest
            Then thise that helped will be the first ones to get a copy of the bin
            marwoodjoseph@gmail.com
            Is the paypal you can donate to and help out thanks
            Kornwood
            Did you get anywhere with the .bin for this eeprom?
            I have picked up a few of these for my boys (with the flashing red lights), I want to fix them so they can have a cheap unit.

I can find the eeprom programmer, I remember that some of the RCA TVs in old days had eeproms going corrupted which was caused by bad grounds all over the mainboard.

I am hoping that the issue is just with a bad programming from the factory and not an eeprom corruption from mainboard intermittent problem.

If you can get me a fix for this problem on the eeprom
            I am willing to help you on other issues that work on and possibly help you on your paypal transfer

Mikercana1

Comment

I found something new here:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBnT0osC8t0

Comment

Originally posted by snehal View Post
                I found something new here:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBnT0osC8t0
                Those are just induction coils.
                The ebay repair services I've seen for these don't mention sending your power supply board in, only the main board.

Comment

My Unit works after unplugging for 2-5 days, it works for 10-15 days then stops. I need to unplug it again and the process continues.

Is this related to eeprom? As when it works the old settings (menu settings) are intact.

Comment

One more possible solutions:
                    As this display is made by Sharp, people can try with resetting techniques based on Sharp LCD / LED.

Its something like "volume -" and "Input Button"
                    Google it to find various resetting techniques and blink codes for Sharp LCD / LED.

Let me know if you guys find any solutions.
                    Last edited by snehal; 10-21-2013, 05:51 AM.

Comment

I tried the Sharp codes, but no luck. Still getting that blinking red light.
                      My only hope is that someone could provide the EEPROM content from a good unit.

Comment

Anybody tried shorting the eeprom chip?

http://www.tv.quuq.org/forum/index.p...77.0;topicseen
                        http://www.tv.quuq.org/forum/index.php?topic=2377.15
                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22903

Comment

i believe wp to ground will release the write protect
                          unless its like when you have to short out a 360 nand to get it to read
                          ill try this

Comment

I'm gonna give it a try. I have the PDF data sheet of the chip, so should I short WP to ground and power the set while shorted?

Comment

shorting ground to wp allowed my programmer to finally recognize it and read the chip tho so i didnt try the other way yet

Comment

Hopefully now we are getting somewhere...

Comment

@kornwood
                                  @jgramos

Any update ?

Comment

Shorting WP to ground and powering the set did not change anything for me.

Comment

@kornwood
                                      what about you, any success ?

I have been waiting for a very long time for solutions to this monitor.

Comment

I am also having the same issue with the screen and am waiting on a programmer, but...

http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26212

maybe this will help... I have not had the chip on a programmer so I dont really know what issues you guys are running into, hoping this will help.

if you google 25L640 programming (leave off the E) it seems having trouble reading/writing these is a common problem.

Hope it helps and Im looking forward to helping solve this once I get my programmer.

... I couldnt find anyone on ebay offering repair of this issue but shopjimmy is offering it to US customers only...
                                        Last edited by death; 11-07-2013, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by death View Post
                                          I am also having the same issue with the screen and am waiting on a programmer, but...

http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26212

maybe this will help... I have not had the chip on a programmer so I dont really know what issues you guys are running into, hoping this will help.

if you google 25L640 programming (leave off the E) it seems having trouble reading/writing these is a common problem.

Hope it helps and Im looking forward to helping solve this once I get my programmer.

... I couldnt find anyone on ebay offering repair of this issue but shopjimmy is offering it to US customers only...

Here's the ebay one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Repair-Servi...item27d3172dd9

Comment

Working...
                                          X