X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello All
    I was referred to this site by shopjimmy. I have always been an electronic nut, but I am still a noob when it comes to any complicated electronics.
    Rick

Comment

Hi everyone, John here.

Found badcaps when repairing and just want to say thanks to all involved. A terrific site. So, me sort of intermediate, 55, and living in Christchurch. New Zealand atm (citizen of Oz as well). Can solder ok and understand the basics. Enjoy beers (sometimes a bit too much when trying to repair stuff). Success rate pretty good thanks to this forum. Hoping to post a topic re latest problem. Bloody Samsungs!!!

Once again, thanks to everyone. Best site ever.

Cheers!
      Last edited by jcdc; 08-11-2017, 10:39 PM. Reason: just a couple of additions

Comment

Hello all, I was referred here while looking up info for my tv, thanks for having me!

Comment

Greetings to all... I found BadCaps while trying to research my intermittent backlight problem on an LG 55" LED TV that has only two years of light use! Bought an LED tester and found all LEDs were good, so ordered a Power Supply board, but that didn't help. Just now found a post here that addresses intermittent backlight--hoping that advice does the trick! Also along the way, found lots of poor reviews on the internet for LG LED TVs--wish I would have known before buying that those sets are real stinkers!

Comment

hi i'm from philippines looking for some help to fix my acer aspire e5 411 no power

Comment

Hello my name Is Allin and I am from Denmark. I have always taken an interest in apple computers, fixing, replacing rudimentary stuff but now I would like to enter the realm of repairing/replacing things on a component level, because I find it exhilarating :-)

Comment

Hi there . Nice and informative forum . Like when people share knowledge and experience

Comment

Hello and nice to meet all of you. I am a tinkerer and have been since I was a kid. I would take stuff apart to see what was inside and how it worked. Now I'm interested in putting them back together in working order.
                  This looks like a place I can learn a lot of new things.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                    As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                    So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                    where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                    Hello, I'm castojulio. I'm an Electrical Engineer who loves to learn how to repair electronic hardware, not for commercial reasons, but for myself and friends. I got into this forum looking for answers to some problems with laptops. I'll post on that later, as this is only a Hello to the community. I almost forgot to say I'm from Venezuela.

Comment

Here to ask a question on my TV PSU.

Comment

Thank you guys

Comment

Hi everyone! My name is Calvin, I'm from New Jersey and now I live in GA. I have always loved to see how things worked and would take things apart like TVs, radios, microwave ovens, to see what's inside and if I could fix the problems. As I grew up, I had a job at a large hotel int he restaurant area and the lady who was training me, also plugged in information in the computers for the hotel supervisor. So when she was really busy, she would ask me to key in information she was supposed to do. This fueled my desire about computers, so I went to college for Information Systems with a concentration in Networking Admin and before finishing the course and graduation I found out about Information Security and now I'm working toward my degree in Information Systems Security. I already work on computers, printers, tablets and phones for my family, friends and a few associates. With everyone on social media and doing everything on computer, I have my share of business. I found this site on another site where, someone had a link here to badcaps and after looking around I joined the site. I am looking for any information in working with this Asus T100TA tablet. There's so much information I am going to have to pace myself and go through everything ins patient manner. I really like this site and any he will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
                          Calvin

Comment

Hi all, long time lurker looking to do my first post. I have a component on a samsung PSU that I can't find a datasheet or source for. Hoping to get some more answers.

Comment

Hello boys and girls. Thanks for letting me climb aboard this seaworthy vessel. I love me some Dell Latitude and need some help from time to time so thanks for being there for me.

Comment

Hi everybody! I'm Matteo Iervasi. I live in Italy, and I'm currently an IT student at University of Verona.
                                I like to understand how things work, especially electronic-related things

I hope to find useful tutorials and materials on this forum

Comment

Hey guys,

Name's Peter, from Austin, TX. I've recently learned a lot about electronics but lack the experience to quickly diagnose or recognize problems, hence registering here. I hope I can contribute some assistance of myself in the future.

Comment

Hello
                                    New to this site. new to bios part. try to learn how to program bios, flash bios.

Comment

Hello, I came here because I have an interest in electronics and I really want to learn and be apart of your community.

Comment

Hello..I'm trying to learn something about electronics repair and thought this was a good starting point.

Comment

My name is Larry.
                                          I live in NYC and came to the forum to get information on a Panasonic TH-42PZ77U that just started showing a7 blink power led sequence on power up. I am a DIYer with a strong computer background.

Comment

Working...
                                          X