Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job lot LCD no.3 - Lenovo 9419-HC2

The "saga" continues

Next on the operating table - a 19" 5:4 Lenovo LCD. The label on the back says it was OEM'd by Lite-On. Date on the inverter board says "11/29 '05".

Su'Scon's on the 5v rail and the logic board, C(r)apXon KF's on the inverter supply But oddly enough, a Nichicon PT as the primary filter cap... Go figure

Turns on fine, no 2-sec-to-black syndrome, but the panel's got a couple small gouges, and a couple "shaded" spots, so... That's about it

Time for franken-experiments: I hooked up the CCFL's from that Dell 1908FPc i've been tinkering with (with the "2sec to black" syndrome), and guess what... Yep, that's right, the Lenovo inverter lights up the CCFL's in the Dell panel just fine This, despite the fact that the Dell CCFL's suck 7.5mA @ 650Vrms (versus 6.5mA @ 710Vrms in the Lenovo panel; both Samsung-made, in fact).

Nasty part is, the panels have different connector types. I smell some re-wiring about to happen
    Attached Files
    Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans
Working...
X