HP w1907 - 2 seconds to black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP w1907 - 2 seconds to black

I have no idea if this was the case on your monitors.
    When you were holding the CCFLs there is a possibility you moved things just enough to make an acceptable connection
    I have noticed is that the metal strands of wire deteriorate inside the silicone insulation near the bulbs, it's almost impossible to see. I always cut about an inch off the wiring to make sure I have good wiring.
    You may want to be careful in the future holding the CCFLs,If there was voltage leaking you could get hurt really Bad
    Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
      I have no vested interested (financial or otherwise), but members experience good service from them if you pick up the phone and call them. Sometimes emails get lost?
      Don't get me wrong, the service of getting the correct bulbs in a timely manner was GREAT. They arrived in a matter of a few days. I sent an e-mail because of several reasons. Their hours of operation are mostly during my work day and with the number being long distance, I cannot call from work.

Originally posted by alexanna View Post
      I have no idea if this was the case on your monitors.
      When you were holding the CCFLs there is a possibility you moved things just enough to make an acceptable connection
      I have noticed is that the metal strands of wire deteriorate inside the silicone insulation near the bulbs, it's almost impossible to see. I always cut about an inch off the wiring to make sure I have good wiring.
      You may want to be careful in the future holding the CCFLs,If there was voltage leaking you could get hurt really Bad
      It was actually the holding of the ccfl's that allowed them to work. I could hold them with both hands and as soon as I let go of either hand, the ccfl's would dim and the monitor would shut down. And yes, I was extremely skeptical and cautious of holding them and stayed well clear of the ends.

The monitor is still currently working and will hopefully deliver it to it's owner tonight. I'm sure they will be thrilled to get it back.

Thanks again!

Comment

Yes, it's too bad that ccflwarehouse didn't respond to your email. However, it's very interesting that just holding the tube (with both hands no less!) cleared up the problem. Can't help but wonder if this has caused problems with other member's monitors. However, I'm probably not going to have anyone hold the ccfl tube with both hands to test out the theory!

Comment

Happened to me a few weeks ago,One lamp would not fully light unless I touched the channel,thought nothing of it until now.!!!

Comment

jayoung,

May i ask how you got to the caps on your w1907? I have the same monitor and i've got the outer plastic casing off but the metal compartment housing the power and cap boards on the one i have is sealed and inaccessible. Seems this one was designed to be disposable. I know what i'm doing as i've recently repaired a Viewsonic of a similar spec. Cheers, Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by mitch101 View Post
              jayoung,

May i ask how you got to the caps on your w1907? I have the same monitor and i've got the outer plastic casing off but the metal compartment housing the power and cap boards on the one i have is sealed and inaccessible. Seems this one was designed to be disposable. I know what i'm doing as i've recently repaired a Viewsonic of a similar spec. Cheers, Mitch
              lots of members have repaired this model monitor
              post a picure of where your up too in disassembly
              show us whats holding you up
              never come across any monitor that you cannot get too the p/supply
              someone will be able to help

Comment

Originally posted by mitch101 View Post
                jayoung,

If I remember correctly, there were like 4 screws (2 on each side) on the side of the LCD panel that had to be removed and then the back metal housing can be removed. In order to get the boards out, you have to take out the screws on the boards themselves and also the screws that are in the power plug and also the video connectors for the VGA and DVI connectors.

If this isn't the case, post some pictures as I do not have the monitor in my possesion at this time.

Comment

Working...
                X