Pioneer vsx-1021-k get picture no sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pioneer vsx-1021-k get picture no sound

Is there any sound on the subwoofer preout?
    If you are able to reach connector cn2103 (audio assy pcb) <-> cp410 (main amp assy pcb ) you can check if there is any preout signal.
    You should also check the power supply of the volume/switch chip - +/-7 volts ( page60 ) - kTC3209y and KTA1281y convert 12 to 7 volts

Comment

you'd have to look at page 24 and 25 of the service manual and do some testing. I'd recommend an oscilloscope, so you can actually "see" things, while probing around. I doubt that there is any sound at the pre-out channel, but it can't hurt to try.

Comment

Originally posted by madan1 View Post
        If you are able to reach connector cn2103 (audio assy pcb) <-> cp410 (main amp assy pcb ) you can check if there is any preout signal.
        You should also check the power supply of the volume/switch chip - +/-7 volts ( page60 ) - kTC3209y and KTA1281y convert 12 to 7 volts
        YESTERDAY I did a continuity test for that . i followed the schematic and did some continuity checks all were good. I think If i can find a needle lying around in the house Ill jump that location.

Comment

Check the AUDIO Assy CN5 pin 5
          (12V), pin 7 (- 12V). oK on this step page 24 .

Comment

At this point I would check the input of the volume knob for audio, also make sure that there is nothing stuck / bent inside the headphone jack. With an oscilloscope it would be easier hunting for where the audio goes missing. Other than that, as long as the relay energizes, and it should at 3.3V, it's all right.

Comment

ok I got -6.87 and + 6.87 there . on thos two.

Comment

well... good and bad news - the good is that the voltages are fine and the bad - you are out of easy and cheap repairs.

Comment

well... good and bad news - the good is that the voltages are fine and the bad - you are out of easy and cheap repairs.
                  [url]So does this elimate all the other boards except the dts chip board with the hdmi since there is not voltage testing to determine it without a ociliscope testing . So would U concluded that I need to pay attention to this as my next attempt or replacing the board. What would u recommend try this---> https://youtu.be/U1qiMVW8Pog

So with all those voltages I tested means I have no failed circuits if I have voltages on other boards I can say that the dts chip is to blame ?Or am I not out of the woods yet?
                  Last edited by Packard93; 01-01-2017, 09:26 PM.

Comment

makes no sense to continue without an oscilloscope.

Comment

Originally posted by Packard93 View Post
                      [url]So does this elimate all the other boards except the dts chip board with the hdmi since there is not voltage testing to determine it without a ociliscope testing . So would U concluded that I need to pay attention to this as my next attempt or replacing the board. What would u recommend try this---> https://youtu.be/U1qiMVW8Pog

So with all those voltages I tested means I have no failed circuits if I have voltages on other boards I can say that the dts chip is to blame ?Or am I not out of the woods yet?
                      on your original problem "description", are you saying you get no sound from any processing selections / types? or just "pure direct"?

can you post a picture of the front of the display of the 1021 when you are setup to play a "non pure direct" processing choice? then again (picture) with "pure direct" (if there is a display). The "remote" that you are referring to is the "windows remote" not the OEM remote... right?
                      Last edited by budwich; 01-02-2017, 09:54 AM.

Comment

another question.... are you using a manufacturered BD disc or a "ripped disc" as your source?

Comment

lastly, have you checked the audio settings in particular those associated with hdmi. Further, with respect to my previous questions relating to processing, have you tried analog source inputs? My guess based on quick reads is that you have a "finger problem" associated with the settings of the receiver. :-)

still further: what sounds settings are on your tv?
                          Last edited by budwich; 01-02-2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                            lastly, have you checked the audio settings in particular those associated with hdmi. Further, with respect to my previous questions relating to processing, have you tried analog source inputs? My guess based on quick reads is that you have a "finger problem" associated with the settings of the receiver. :-)

still further: what sounds settings are on your tv?
                            Ive tested all inputs with both xbox 360 and computer with 780 ti . Xbox 360 can get video on all inputs of the 1021-k . Ive tried all pure direct direct autosurrond . No sound . Ive tried analog inputs too no sound . Ive switched to no processing so I get analog . No sound.Ive read numerous post on the 1021-k went it first release it had alot rma on the hdmi board . I asked a guy on ebay about his . His game him sound through all inputs after it wamed up for 6 months then one day all it did was the same thing as mine video only through the hdmi cable and analog. So I think I have this issue as well.
                            Last edited by Packard93; 01-02-2017, 06:47 PM.

Comment

:-(
                              I think I have seen similar posts before (actually avsforum)... anyways, iirc correctly there is an incoming switching board / chip that doesn't sound like it is doing anything good for you especially since you can't even get analog thru.

Having said that, what does your front display on the 1021 show for status on the incoming signal and processing?

Comment

one other thing... you mentioned the hp_det earlier. IF you unplugged the power to the unit and then plug it back in, what does the front display show... does it display anything about "HP connected" or something like that. This "status" is only shown once during power up IF for some reason the unit "thinks" it has headphones plugged in. Subsequent plugging / unplugging of HP does not show this "status" again IF the system does not see a "physical change". Your unit could have issue with the jack / board.

As a test, you should be able to plug in head phones and see if anything changes / is displayed.
                                Last edited by budwich; 01-02-2017, 08:56 PM.

Comment

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzc...ew?usp=sharing
                                  one other thing... you mentioned the hp_det earlier. IF you unplugged the power to the unit and then plug it back in, what does the front display show... does it display anything about "HP connected" or something like that. This "status" is only shown once during power up IF for some reason the unit "thinks" it has headphones plugged in. Subsequent plugging / unplugging of HP does not show this "status" again IF the system does not see a "physical change". Your unit could have issue with the jack / board.

As a test, you should be able to plug in head phones and see if anything changes / is displayed.
                                  Ive even had the headphone board disconnected https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzc...ew?usp=sharing TWO LInks one with pcm direct is without headphonee connected and the stereo one is when headphone jack is connected.
                                  Last edited by Packard93; 01-03-2017, 01:34 AM.

Comment

:-(
                                    I think I have seen similar posts before (actually avsforum)... anyways, iirc correctly there is an incoming switching board / chip that doesn't sound like it is doing anything good for you especially since you can't even get analog thru.

Having said that, what does your front display on the 1021 show for status on the incoming signal and processing?
                                    I can do any processing but I never get a sound .

Comment

Headphone jack if were stuck I dont think Id get pcm direct with a stuck jack .

Comment

I think we have a communication problem.... let's go slow... slower.

First... get out of the digital domain. Input an analog audio signal some how.
                                        Next, plug in a headphone set to the receiver. Do you hear the analog audio signal in the head set. IF not, then your issue is near the front end of the receiver as I do believe the analog signal comes basically thru a switch IC and then is sent to the amp section AND the headphone output jack. No sound, likely means no switching which is controlled by the main controller unit.

Further, your picture (link) is hard to see because of reflection... :-( but from the picture detail that I can see, there doesn't appear to be any channel lights indicating what channels are being used / assigned.

PS. I notice you have posted in the avsforum also.
                                        Last edited by budwich; 01-03-2017, 07:52 AM.

Comment

By the way, did you try to reheat the ball soldered chips on the hdmi board?

Comment

Working...
                                          X