This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

New user here with little to no experienc. I've read a lot of info, but I've got to the point I'm lost and not even stickies are helping.. on to the trouble shooting section!

Comment

Howdy. I've just finished fixing an older Viewsonic 22" monitor and am now in the process of troubleshooting a Panasonic 50" plasma TV. I've usually got at least one or two broken things on my workbench and these forums have always been a useful asset to me so it's about time I finally joined up.

Great community!

Comment

Hi from Michigan!
        I am a technician and would like to learn more about consumer electronics. I am currently trying to troubleshoot a jvc lt42em59.

Comment

Hi there. Just opened my own computer/smartphone/hdtv repair business 2 weeks ago. 5 years experience, but would like to learn more about component level repairs. Been reading this forum for awhile now, thought it was time to join.

Comment

Hey guys, I just came across this website after googling for a fix for a TV I found on the side of the road. I don't really know much about fixing electronic equipment but I'm hoping this site can provide some assistance for me! Anyway just saying hi!

Cheers

Comment

Hello, my name is Laurent, I'm French.
              I travelled a lot in my life and at this time I'm in Taiwan. I've got wife and a child here.
              Everywhere I was I didn't like to buy things but when I needed it, I was thinking of it, waiting a little, find it on my way and fix it.
              It was working with everything, car, boat, bike, house, computer, screen, TV, guitar, aquarium...
              I was learning electricity and programming on computer at school. But now I like to learn more in electronic because sometimes if feel little block...
              I learned a lot with books and internet.
              I hope I will learn a lot with you and help you too with what I know.

Comment

Hi everyone,

From Israel
                Cell phone LCD refurbishing.

Comment

Hi from Scotland, London! just starting in electronics, plenty questions that are most likely already answered and only require a little reading to solve my 'issues'

Comment

Hello from Washington everyone,
                    Here to read all I can and, hopefully, learn!
                    Ciao

Comment

Hi. Name's Trevor, I don't have a whole lot of experience with the finer points of electrics but I like learning and I like tinkering. My current level of experience isn't far beyond putting a PC together from off the shelf parts and I don't quite trust myself to solder anything smaller than 1/2" copper pipe. But like I said, I'm learning. A couple years ago that copper pipe was un-joinable.

I just moved out to phoenix into an old house with many neglected appliances, I fixed the VCR and the Turntable, and have now turned my sights to a big plasma I got off craigslist. So you'll be seeing that thread soon.

Comment

Greetings from the land of Cockcoo clocks , I am here to learn ...

Comment

Hello, my name is Berariu Caius and I'm from Romania. I'm a CATV technician and in my spare time I try to fix my tv and my neighbors tv too. Some times it works, some times it doesn't, but I keep trying to do my best!

Comment

Good morning everyone! My name is Derek and I am new to this forum! Looking forward to all the help I will be receiving!

Comment

Hi all. My name is Daek and i'm Polish.
                              Amateur takes care of the computers.

Comment

Hi all my name is Darrell. I'm just an old guy trying to get a little info on my tv.

Comment

Eh Ohh. Classic bad cap. Wading into it, being the cheapskate I am.

Comment

Hi, my real name is Fred and I am a senior citizen with a little bit of electronics knowledge; at least enough to calculate V= I*R. I have several questions I'd like to ask once I'm allowed to.

I started home computing in 1969 with a Litton Monroe-bot 10. It used a teletype with a paper tape punch and reader and had 2K of memory. I learned to program it with the manual and could actually do election data summarizations. Now things are 10,000 times easier and just as much fun.

Comment

Hi,

Another victim of a failed Dell PowerConnect 2716 ... in the process of tracking parts that I need to fix the psu and came across this awesome site.

Comment

Hi @all!

I really love this site, because it helps me out several times to find a way to repair some electronics like subwoofers, powersupplies etc.

cheers,
                                        Hannes

Comment

Really helpful site.. I have fixed many monitors and some i didnt.. now i realize that i can fix the monitors that i couldnt before reading the peftect guides here!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X