xbox 360 HDMI to VGA pinout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xbox 360 HDMI to VGA pinout

We want to attempt an xbox connection to a new tv using the vga input on the tv as a test to try to eliminate input lag that is occurring while using the component or HDMI input.

Does anyone have a good diagram for an xbox 360 HDMI to VGA pinout? I've searched online but cannot really find a good, easy to read pic.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Also, can you make a direct connection with this method? I've read conflicting stories on the net that it will work fine, and other s saying that you need a special adapter with circuitry in it...
    Last edited by katzcaps; 10-08-2014, 11:30 AM.

Re: xbox 360 HDMI to VGA pinout

There needs to be some circuitry involved as HDMI is digital and VGA analogue.

http://www.videk.co.uk/article.php/1...to-vga-problem

Comment

HDMI to VGA cables exist but don't work. You need an active converter not a passive cable.

Comment

Thanks for the info., guys. After more research I have come to realize that we need active circuitry. At this point we are looking at a gizmo, the HDFury.

http://www.hdfury.com/shop/gamer/hdfury-gamer-edition/

Supposed to be popular with gamers who experience HDMI /input lag issues with the new LED tv's.

Comment

careful, M$ might try to put you in the graybar hotel for screwing with your hardware
          Last edited by goontron; 10-08-2014, 07:50 PM.
          Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Why wouldn't they allow an HDMI to VGA converter?

There are cheaper converters, but I don't know how well they work. I've heard that the really cheap ones require ridiculous power supply current (close to 400mA), which could damage the video source since that power comes from a pin on the HDMI connector that is only meant to power low-current devices (less than 100mA).
            Last edited by lti; 10-08-2014, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lti View Post
              Why wouldn't they allow an HDMI to VGA converter?
              Because no HDMI means no HDCP even though that's hardly been a problem for those bent on circumventing that protection.

Comment

Have you been through the settings on the tv ? turned off things like motion and tried the game mode ? /

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                  Have you been through the settings on the tv ? turned off things like motion and tried the game mode ? /
                  It's a real crap-can tv

Seiki SE60GY24 - They got a good price on it, but it ends there. The pic isn't really all that great, but is okay...I guess. The blacks aren't very crisp like I would prefer. And, as far as settings go, they are virtually non-existent; No "Game mode" setting. There is a "user" mode and we scaled everything back to almost zero and it had little effect. Toggled off any acceleration that we could find, basically dumbed it down as much as possible, which as I mentioned the settings aren't very versatile at all.

As of now we purchased a MSoft cable, HDMI to VGA and are crossing our fingers. This tv was purchased online and a return is out of the question, as return ship is almost $170. So we gotta try to make this thing work somehow - or pawn it on craigslist maybe...
                  Last edited by katzcaps; 10-09-2014, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Fingers crossed for you that the adapter works. It sounds like you've adjusted the tv as much as you can. I recently went on a job where the customer reported PS3 lag. it wasn't the TV but the second hand PS3 they had just bought. They got a replacement PS3 and there was no more complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                      Fingers crossed for you that the adapter works. It sounds like you've adjusted the tv as much as you can. I recently went on a job where the customer reported PS3 lag. it wasn't the TV but the second hand PS3 they had just bought. They got a replacement PS3 and there was no more complaints.
                      We've been all through the xbox 360 settings as well, scaled it back to 720, etc. The xbox performed fine with the prev. 60" Sony LCD tv they had, which is something like a 2003 model. It's funny that when you buy the latest greatest thing you seem to always end up taking a step backwards in functionality.

Comment

i would imagine hdcp is not an issue.those adapters spoof what they are to seem compatible.
                        like hdcp stops piracy anyway!

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131150082612

Comment

why not get an xbox VGA cable?

Comment

ever seen one?

Comment

Update - the HDMI to VGA cable solution was not a good one. The picture quality is quite unacceptable and the improvement in lag time is barely noticeable.

So for now we are going with the HDMI input and living with the lag. This is an expensive lesson to learn;

Unless you read a ton of reviews (and how do we really know how accurate they are?) how can one make a good decision on a LED HDTV that will not have this input lag situation...

It would appear that one the HDFury gadgets that I linked to earlier would actually work, but they are several hundred dollars, so in the end it would make more sense to purchase a higher quality tv instead of using that add-on.

Comment

the lag is probably in the tv, if it delays the audio for the same level of time to get sync, most people wouldnt know there even was a delay.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                                    the lag is probably in the tv, if it delays the audio for the same level of time to get sync, most people wouldnt know there even was a delay.
                                    Yes, it is in the tv; we know that (I guess I should have posted that in my initial post)

Apparently this is a common problem with gamers, hdtv's, and hdmi input. most noticeable when using an xbox with a first person shooter game.

Honestly, I personally cannot notice any different or issues at all when compared to the previous tv, but the experienced gamer notices the lag and is complaining about it.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                                      ever seen one?
                                      yes, i own one. its an official microsoft accessory.

http://www.xbox.com/en-AU/Xbox360/Ac...x360vgahdcable

Comment

Working...
                                      X