unknown Elna caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unknown Elna caps

no idea what forum section to put this in..

got those from a friend asking me if they were any good and if i'd have a use for them.
    he bought them on ebay to fix his LCD, but he messed up with the can size.. they won't fit

been searching on the net quite a while... no infos at all.. not even on the elna website?! o.O

125°C, flat top, 470uF 35V
    0730 seems to be the datecode (week 30 year 2007)

they seem to be high-temp polys.. (?!)
    no usual series marking from what i can tell.
    that guy i got those from said he bought 100pcs of those for 6.20eur (about 8.36US$) including shipping.
    if they really are solid polys, i'd probably buy some of those.. seems to be a damn good deal..
    plus they're elnas.. so i guess they should be pretty reliable..

unfortunately, i don't own an ESR meter.. so i cant tell if they are low ESR or high-temp GP caps
    if there's someone near me (preferably in europe.. bc. of the shipping costs) i could send a few of those over for closer examination... ESR and stuff..

any ideas?

Re: unknown Elna caps

are they used?

Comment

oddballs!
      maybe counterfiet?
      how about pics of the bung.

Comment

they were prepared to be used (shorted legs, negative one being bent to an "U" at the end .. see left one on the pic)
        but ended up never getting used according to the auction.

definitely not a cheapo bung IMO
        strange stuff..

edit: pretty thick and strong leads too.. had a hard time bending the negative one back straight on the right cap..
        Last edited by Scenic; 03-30-2010, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Comment

a little bumpage

anyone willing to test those if i send a couple of them over?
            tried contacting elna via email.. no response yet..

Comment

If you don't get any volunteers closer to you, I can see what my EVB and ESR-micro 4 meters can make of them.
              ------------
              Be a mensch

Comment

i just bought a 100pcs. bag of those a couple days ago. arrived today. enough test samples i'd say

not all of them have the legs shortened like in the pics above. some of them look like they were just ripped out of the paper stripe..
                datecodes range from 0714 to 0728 from what i can tell..

i think i'm gonna look up the shipping for a couple of those and probably some of the one's mentioned in this thread..

one of the Elna's has relatively deep dents in the can.. probably from shipping them in a bag >.<
                i think i'm gonna cut that one open to see if it's a wet lytic or not..

Comment

35V is a bit high for the voltage rating for a polymer, most of which max out at 16V. The combination of 35V and 125c temperature suggests a conventional automotive-grade electrolytic, if it's genuine...

Comment

The (Q) suggests it isn't +/-20% tolerance [which would be the usual (M)]
                    ... but I can't find a (Q) in the cap codes.

The S in the circle might mean special order.

Mann-Made Global Warming.
                    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                    -
                    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                    -

Comment

ELNA has the Q in their own docs.
                      https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...2962bba97e.pdf
                      It's -10%/+30%

-
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                      -
                      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                      -

Comment

I thought those caps are not low ESR type.
                        in my opinion, ELNA's low ESR caps would be use solid stripe printed on sleeve.

Attached Files
                        | AMD Phenom II X2 550BE | GIGABYTE GA-MA790FXT-UD5P | GeIL DDR3 Ultra 2x2GB 1600C7 |
                        | XFX GTS250 DDR3 512MB | Dell H525EF-00 | Lancool PC-K62 Black | Samsung 2232GW |
                        | 2xWD7500AYYS | 2xHD322GJ Raid0 |

Comment

Might be right.
                          Good eye! - I never noticed that before.

-

- Dr Seuss
                          -
                          -

Comment

Working...
                          X